The world pay tribute to “ man of great purpose and conviction” Prince Philip

Answered!
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

The world pay tribute to “ man of great purpose and conviction” Prince Philip

"My deepest condolences and heartfelt sympathy to HM Queen Elizabeth II, HRH The Prince of Wales, the Royal Family and the people of the United Kingdom on the death of HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. May his memory be a blessing." World leaders react of the passing of Duke of Edinburgh

“He has, quite simply, been my strength and stay all these years, and I, and his whole family, and this and many other countries, owe him a debt greater than he would ever claim, or we shall ever know.”   -Her Majesty The Queen, 1997.“He has, quite simply, been my strength and stay all these years, and I, and his whole family, and this and many other countries, owe him a debt greater than he would ever claim, or we shall ever know.” -Her Majesty The Queen, 1997.

1 Best Answer
Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Is this thread off topic?

We all know what off-topic means on the community center: Someone posts a thread, someone else is replying in this thread and the answer has nothing to do with the topic of that thread – that's what we call off-topic.

Is there a „global off-topic“ on the CC?

Of course it's a tragedy and regrettable that Prince Philip has passed away, but what's the relevance on here, has Prince Philip ever stayed at an airbnb? Right now there's another thread about the 6 day war between Israel and the arab countries. I know this war is a historical landmark, but how is that airbnb-related?

The question is: Should we post about just anything and if so, shouldn't a globally off topic thread be at least entertaining?

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

People have started laying flowers outside the palace, the Royal Family does not wish for coronavirus restrictions to be broken.People have started laying flowers outside the palace, the Royal Family does not wish for coronavirus restrictions to be broken.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Is this thread off topic?

We all know what off-topic means on the community center: Someone posts a thread, someone else is replying in this thread and the answer has nothing to do with the topic of that thread – that's what we call off-topic.

Is there a „global off-topic“ on the CC?

Of course it's a tragedy and regrettable that Prince Philip has passed away, but what's the relevance on here, has Prince Philip ever stayed at an airbnb? Right now there's another thread about the 6 day war between Israel and the arab countries. I know this war is a historical landmark, but how is that airbnb-related?

The question is: Should we post about just anything and if so, shouldn't a globally off topic thread be at least entertaining?

Hallo @Ute42 

Guten Tag!

You’re absolutely right! I’m wrongly thought you’re a big fans of The Royals Family, Prince Philip passed away is ‘ off topic’ in the Airbnb Community.

Not until you read the below, 

Full Royals Tour: Visit’s Buckingham Palace - Airbnb

Experience host by Geoff

https://abnb.me/bksMSS6Vmfb

Secret Royals Tour of London - Airbnb

Experience host by Amy

https://abnb.me/HilVaNdWmfb

MEGHAN, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex are guarded by a security team in a £1,100 a week Airbnb house near their Vancouver Island mansion according to reports.

- by express.co.uk

British :  Our  father is legancy!British : Our father is legancy!

@Ute42 @Helen3,

Do remember there’s a huge variety of conversations.

Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, and at its heart is its community. The Community Center is here to enable you to come together to inspire, share knowledge and stories, and to support one another.

To help you get started, here are a few handy tips:

How to encourage community spirit

One of the best things about a community is that it brings people together. To make sure the Community Center remains a healthy and inviting space, please:

• Respect each other and show appreciation when someone shares useful content
  • Remember to post full answers and stay on topic when replying to a person’s request for advice or help
  • Keep an open mind and see the good in each other

For more details, take a look at our Community Center Guidelines.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Center-Updates/Getting-started-in-the-Community-Center...

Here you go!

I had marked your advice as my preferred solution! ( As promised in my pass thread )

Thank you for your contribution.

@Ute42    I think it may be a bit unfair to single this post out as "off topic", since there have been posts about people's pets,  just to name one example. 

I grew up in England, although I wasn't born there, but I was born in a Commonwealth country, where Queen Elizabeth is regarded as the Monarch, even though those countries all have representative government.  I think Queen Elizabeth has been more in the news than pretty much any other member of royalty anywhere on the planet, mostly accompanied by Prince Philip, but not always.   

If nothing else, I would think folks could have a little empathy for a person who was married to the same spouse for 70 years. More time than most of us have been alive. 

This news is sad news for many people all over the planet. Whatever one may think of the monarchy,  Prince Philip spent his lifetime in service, both to the Queen as an institution, as her closest, and most trusted companion, and to his family. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As someone from the UK I agree it's completely off topic @Ute42 

Many in the UK see the monarchy as nothing to be celebrated or venerated.

It does seem an odd and irrelevant topic to post on a forum about hosting @Dale711 

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

HI @Helen3,

Good day!

Do you know?

How much would the Queen make as an Airbnb Host?

https://www.guestready.com/blog/how-much-could-the-queen-make-as-an-airbnb-host/

I pay my condolences to the people of the United Kingdom, Airbnb fans, including you.

Unfortunately, I had mark @Ute42 as my flavor advice, and I probably would make it up for you in my coming soon threads.

Helen, My deepest sympathy for your loss.”Helen, My deepest sympathy for your loss.”

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry I do find some of your posts somewhat difficult to understand.

I don't need your condolences I'm not a monarchist.

Please can we get back to hosting topics @Dale711 

Hi @Helen3,

Apologize, I’ve wrongly thought all  British are “ Our Father is a legacy”

It's glad to know you’re not.

A tribute message for Prince Philip amid flowers outside Buckingham Palace.A tribute message for Prince Philip amid flowers outside Buckingham Palace.

The Times HeadlinesThe Times Headlines

# To report some post that you think are inappropriately, do click on report inappropriate content.

Your profile > right corner > click on reports inappropriate contentYour profile > right corner > click on reports inappropriate content

I hope you can resolve your issue.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I'm not British @Dale711 .... yet more of your assumptions 😢

403DB617-8205-4371-AB05-FE6039C81664.png

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Back in 2015 Airbnb took a Prince Philipp double for a marketing campaign: “Queen Elizabeth” and HRH Duke of Edinburgh visited Berlin, inspected typical Berlin Airbnb flats, and took the subway to cool sightseeing spots.

See some great photos on https://www.presseportal.de/pm/105895/3050632

Hallo @Till-and-Jutta0 ,

Danke für Ihr Verständnis👏👏 👏 

DC0F23AC-0C0E-4F36-A3B7-C2FFF8566CC5.jpeg

The Queen's ❤️ Prince Philip ❤️Airbnb 

@Ute42 ❤️ @Helen3 

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Seems that also Alex Schwarz (in the middle, the former Airbnb Country Manager DACH, had been doubled for this photo).

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Dale711 
In actual fact without the Royals of any country and Laws we would be poorer for them.

The Duke of Edinburgh was instrumental in encouraging outdoor activities of which are all tied in with Travel and the need for accommodation.... people have been inspired to explore the great outdoors, ocean and seas and stay in ABB on their travels..

Did you know @Nick and others from Greece that there is a Church of  St Elizabeth and St Philip?
Have you visited it?

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/ODT19501221.2.83.1

I wonder if people will include it on their travels in the near future?