The world pay tribute to “ man of great purpose and conviction” Prince Philip

Answered!
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

The world pay tribute to “ man of great purpose and conviction” Prince Philip

"My deepest condolences and heartfelt sympathy to HM Queen Elizabeth II, HRH The Prince of Wales, the Royal Family and the people of the United Kingdom on the death of HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. May his memory be a blessing." World leaders react of the passing of Duke of Edinburgh

“He has, quite simply, been my strength and stay all these years, and I, and his whole family, and this and many other countries, owe him a debt greater than he would ever claim, or we shall ever know.”   -Her Majesty The Queen, 1997.“He has, quite simply, been my strength and stay all these years, and I, and his whole family, and this and many other countries, owe him a debt greater than he would ever claim, or we shall ever know.” -Her Majesty The Queen, 1997.

1 Best Answer
Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Is this thread off topic?

We all know what off-topic means on the community center: Someone posts a thread, someone else is replying in this thread and the answer has nothing to do with the topic of that thread – that's what we call off-topic.

Is there a „global off-topic“ on the CC?

Of course it's a tragedy and regrettable that Prince Philip has passed away, but what's the relevance on here, has Prince Philip ever stayed at an airbnb? Right now there's another thread about the 6 day war between Israel and the arab countries. I know this war is a historical landmark, but how is that airbnb-related?

The question is: Should we post about just anything and if so, shouldn't a globally off topic thread be at least entertaining?

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

It may be of interest to fellow followers of the Royal Family that Prince Philip and Princess Elizabeth, as she was known at the time, married in a time of economic crises, and today on the day of his funeral we are also in an economic crises, alas with far greater resources than those before us had in the 1940's

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/AG19471119.2.46

Ahh Yellow and Rose coloured Chrysanthemums and White Heather.

Note they ate thick soup, chicken and ice-cream with sherry and champagne..

Imposing Climax to Memorable Day

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/ODT19471122.2.60

Prince Philip was also a regular according to newspaper articles in school plays.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salute to the Queen 

1158B07D-08D1-47DB-888D-41F04F070058.jpeg69B84124-8763-4766-92C5-C7B6F5F129A4.jpeg