Trees - History of Trees

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Trees - History of Trees

Good morning fellow CC users.

We all encounter Trees of various ages, species etc where ever we venture on out travels.

This interesting article from 1912 with reference to Photographic archives in Australia dating back to 1862 Gardener's Chronicle and other archives from the 1800's may inspire those of us who like our trees to seek further details and share them in our communities just how old those Trees around us really are.

Do  you know who planted the Trees in your location?
We have all at some stage been mystified about the stories behind trees.

Do you have historic books in your libraries hidden away with history we should be learning from and ensure is taught in schools?

Please share  a story, and photo of a Tree you like.

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/NEM19120112.2.13

@Kath9 @Belinda55 @Cathie19 @Max144 @Sharon1014 @Beach-Stays-Australia0 @Australia-Property-and-I0 @Australian-Executive-Apartments0 @Victoria8 

@Yarra-Valley0 @Trees1 @Tree1 @Tree0 @Sandra126 

19 Replies 19

We got a bunch of new aerial photography of the whole property over Easter. I just haven't edited the video or chosen the shots yet. This weekend I should have time.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Screenshot_20200927-163315_Drive.jpg

Chipping in with fruit trees. We have an orchard of cider apples that make amazing juice (we haven't sampled the cider yet!).

Hi @Mike-And-Helen0 ,

Amazing! Thank you for sharing.

@Mike-And-Helen0 ...yum!

@Angela1056 beautiful tree and I would love to hear you sing that song. Also what a pleasure it is to find you here.... another treasure like @Dale711  and @Helen427 and @Mike-And-Helen0  and @Stephen1156 ... we are just soooo gorgeous and huggable.

Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too.