Vegetables

Minako10
Level 10
Chiba, Japan

Vegetables

Hello.

Do you like vegetable?

For me, Eating a kind of vegetables,  it is important for me to make me good health.

especially I love salad.🥗

Therefore, when I go to a restaurant, I offen take an order it. 

There are a lots of style of salad in cuisine such as Italian , french, etc..

Now, I want to try to have Greek style if I am able to go abroad again!

How are you?

image of Vegetables (from istockphoto)image of Vegetables (from istockphoto)

Thanks,

Minako
15 Replies 15
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Minako10

I hope you're well 😊

I do enjoy eating vegetables, so they are included in most of my daily meals 🥗. I was in Greece in 2016, and had one of the most delicious Greek salads! 😊

What's your favourite vegetable? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hello @Quincy 

Thank you for your opinion!

well...I have a lots favourite vegetables in my life.

but, I think tomato because it is juicy when I have in my mouth.🍅

There are some them.

for example, spinach is I often use for pasta or Italian cuisine.

If you are possible, Would you send the picture of salad in Greece?

I am wonder if how's the Greek style salad.

ευχαριστώ (thank you),

Minako
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I'll have a search @Minako10! I also went to Greece in 2019 I remember now 😃

-----

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi again @Minako10, here are some photos that I took of the food at the time. I wish I had taken more 👀 IMG_8984.JPGIMG_9606.JPGScreenshot 2022-06-01 at 09.53.36.png

-----

Wow!

It looks so delicious foods! @Quincy 

I'm also trying to cook Greek salad today at home.

I want to visit in Greece someday!

Thank you for sending your great pictures!IMG_2022-06-01-12-35-43-466~2.jpg

Minako
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Minako10! Your Greek salad looks very tasty too! 😊

-----

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Minako10 A greek salad generally contains, cut small tomato. cucumber ,red salad onion .olives of choice and cubed feta cheese, plus olive oil salt and pepper. Readily available in delicatessans in Australia which has one of the largest Greek populations in the world . Easily made at home . H

Oh and vinegar, possibly balsamic

Hello @Helen744 

Thank you for your advising for me.

I tried to make the Greek salad at home.

It was decious especially collaboration with cheese and I want to try it that other Greek cuisine now when I go to Greek restaurant.

Thanks,

Minako
Valerija2
Level 2
Riga, Latvia

I love salats! super healthy. And chewing it carefully is good for your mouth health and the brain gives signals of satisfaction. Salads are the best. 

Our local salat of all time is tomato+cucmber as a base and then some people add sour cream, or olive oir and dill and parley, or green onion. 

Hello @Valerija2 .

Thank you for your opinion for me.

That's good idea!

I really love salad and I'm trying to have a variety of them now.

It's OK that If you are possible, Would you send the picture of salad in your countries?

Thanks,

Minako
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Minako10 

I like many different cuisines, including Greek. A Greek salad is really easy to make. It's basically the ingredients that @Helen744 mentioned above, although I think normally there would be olive oil in the dressing and oregano. Here is a simple recipe: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/greek-salad

I am not very good at remembering to eat a lot of fruit, but I do eat a lot of vegetables. I am not vegetarian but often make vegetarian dishes, or sometimes vegan. When I have a lot of veggies in the fridge that I need to use up, I make an Asian inspired vegetarian noodle dish (similar to Pad Thai as it includes eggs and nuts) and every time it is a bit different depending on the vegetables used. 

Salads do not always have to be made with just raw ingredients. Some favourites include one made with charred tender stem broccoli, quinoa and mozzarella. It has lots of seasonings, fresh herbs and a yummy dressing. Delicious, but also healthy! A lovely salad, especially for spring, is made by cooking asparagus and baby new potatoes and adding hard goats cheese (but you could replace this with another, similar cheese or even soft boiled eggs). The dressing includes spring onions and you top it all with fresh mint. 

Today I will be making celery soup. Celery is one of the few vegetables that I don't really like (especially when raw), but this recipe has such great reviews, so I thought I would give it a go and see if it changes my mind! I will also be making some Vietnamese summer rolls. I always love these at restaurants, so thought I would try making them at home. As well as prawns, they will contain lettuce, cucumber and carrot. I would add also beansprouts and chives but don't have any at home at the moment.

Hello @Huma0 

Thank you for your opinion for me.

There are a variety of salads in the world.

but in my opinion, It is indispensable to have salad when I cook several main dishes

everywhere. especally, use for oilve oil, cheese, tuna and so on.

I really love salad 🥗

Thanks,

Minako
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Minako10 nice that you posted - my most enjoyable food experience was in Japan with the cleanest, freshest and most delicious foods, including vegetables, noodles, fish(sushi), tempura and more. My husband is an organic gardener so we do indeed love our veggies - cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, leeks, potatoes white/sweet also. I really like preserving like pickles, tomatoes and everything we grow out back. Also, there are many lettuces when the temperatures are cooler and greens that are so tasty, healthy and delicious. 

Greek salad is not my favorite, but I do enjoy Greek olives, cheeses and balsamic and olive oil combos. 

cbcollards.jpgdavturnips.jpg