What are your favourite movies?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What are your favourite movies?

Tv movie.jpg

Hello everyone,

As we all are busy with our lives it sometimes also nice to kick back, relax, and watch your favourite series or movie. I sometimes enjoy having a movie night where I watch some movies or series. Perhaps you have a good collection of DVDs in your listing, that your guests enjoy watching?

Have you seen any good movies or series recently? It would be great to hear what you think of it and maybe we’ll all find a good movie or series to watch next, thanks to each other's recommendations!

Looking forward to your replies!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

19 Replies 19
Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Quincy Amadeus.  It is unbeatable and  deserved every single one of its Oscars.  I recently watched it (for the second time) at the Royal Albert Hall with a live orchestra and choir and it was just stunning.  I  have it on DVD as well! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Now this is a great film @Rachel0. I particularly like Mozart's laugh! 🙂 

I haven't watched this in ages, I think it might be time to rewatch....

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie Well worth a rewatch but you will need a box of tissues at the end - or a large gin! (or both)

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I watched Le Ball in 1983, time of its release, directed by Ettore Scola, a great Italian director.
The entire move has no dialogues. Once in a while I watch again some parts of this movie like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSJ5ZvxtMPc

I also like the movie serie Johny English and other comedies like Inspector Jacques Closeau movie serie

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow, thanks for sharing @J-Renato0

One movie that I really enjoy seeing during this season is Scrooge :-). I'm sure you've seen this one? 

-----

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I'm currently making my way through the festive films...

Including, Home Alone 1 & 2. This may be a little controversial, but I think I like Home Alone 2 more! 🙂

What do you think? 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Oh @Lizzie, there’s no hope for you......LOL....

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ha! I love watching Home Alone @Lizzie

Great movie for this festive season 🙂 

-----

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Quincy.

It’s hard to come up with choices, as it really does depend on the mood.....

Nearing the end of rewatching the “Wallander” series. Love a good story and good acting...

-    A reasonable  Norwegian series in “Occupied” and most thriller detective series such as Shetland, Endeavour. Or the interesting Netflix “Crossing Lines”.

-    Some Marvel action never goes astray, a must have on standby.

-    A good Australian series on Netflix is “Rake”, but the humour may be lost internationally! Quite dry and sarcastic.

-   A popcorn feast on “Back to the Future” trilogy or the original “Star Wars” now 4/5/&6!

-   “Day of the Doctor.” Dr Who 50th anniversary episode with David Tennant, Matt Smith and John Hurt.

- A gentle movie is “Once”. (music) 

- An iconic Aussie movie is “The Dish” about the first landing on the moon. “The Dish” being Australia’s satellite involvement, with local humour for the era.

- A New Zealand comedy is “Hunt For the Wilderpeople”.

- A New Zealand classic is the beautifully filmed “Whale Rider”.

- Another is the international: “The Way Back” - based on a real life escape story and trek from Siberia to India. Great cinematography.. 

- Another lesser known movie is “The Children of Huang Shi” also known as Children Of the Silk Road”. Another story based on history.

Or try “The Sapphires” for a musical and fun war story based on real women with a great soundtrack...

or go for more 60s music with “The Boat That Rocked” for a little bit of Xmas in there from Bill Nighy.

🙌🏼    But one I can watch, again and again is “Nobel”. An 8 episode drama series from Norway.         Absolutely brilliant!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I’ve also downloaded a variety of movies for a couple of 4+ hr  plane trips coming up ..... so looking good!

🙌🏼 If unsure of these, or other choices, go to the App: IMDb - the internet movie data base.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

OOo there are many film that are new to me here @Cathie19, thanks for introducing these. 

I've watched The Sapphires a few times now and it is a great film, it is very hard to not sing along to it though...hehe

--------------------

So @Lizzie, don’t stop yourself singing! 🙌🏼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎸

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Cathie19 this is a big list!

I might have to go and check out a couple of these movies :-). Currently, I'm following a series named Frontier on Netflix. 

-----

Hi @Quincy.

With a 7.3/10 rating on IMDb, I might look it up when back home after the holidays. Thanks. 👍🏼

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

We do Netflix and Hulu at both our home and our Airbnb listing, which we find to be quite enough for us.

Recently we discovered the Canadian series "Schitt's Creek" which I highly recommend for a great silly comedy, especially for binge-watching on a snowy day.