Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What do you do in your spare time?

Spare time.png

Hello everybody!

I hope you're all doing well today.

We're almost reaching the end of the month, and the weekend is getting closer and closer. I thought I'd ask everybody what you do in your spare time? Do you visit friends/family or do you go out for shopping perhaps?

Usually, in the evening I enjoy watching some series on Netflix or going for a swim, run, or play tennis with my partner. In the weekends we usually go out for a stroll in the city centre and have some delicious Chinese or Korean food in Chinatown!

I would love to see your answers! 

This dish is called Hot pot 

IMG_9911.JPG

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

33 Replies 33
Patricia55
Level 10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

@Quincy 

Hi Quincy, just saw this nice thread of yours and thought I'd contribute... then realised it's quite an old one! Never mind, I'm gonna join in anyway – the good stuff never gets old, eh? 🙂

I confess I'm a bit of a serial enthusiast, ie I discover something new, go overboard on it, then the enthusiasm dwindles 😉 I'm happiest when I'm in the midst of a new passion; saddest when I'm bored and just need some inspiration...

However, the one thing that always floats my boat is walking – in fact it's a necessity, given that we have a Border Collie who never tires. He's 11 and still get 5 walks a day, covering maybe 6 miles plus chasing ball. He's been to France and Italy with us, so he's seen the sights of Venice and Florence etc 🙂 There's something sweet about travelling to new places with dogs: they are such great ice-breakers that they enable us humans to make connections with others, that we probably wouldn't have made otherwise... basically, people come up to us because of him 🙂

Aside from exercising the boy, we enjoy walking as a means of exploring our home town and the surrounding suburbs. We are lucky in Newcastle to have quite a lot of green spaces including https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Town_Moor,_Newcastle_upon_Tyne the Town Moor, right next to us, where cattle graze and where you can imagine yourself in the countryside and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesmond_Dene – a beautiful, wooded valley created by Lord Armstrong (industrialist) and donated to the people of Newcastle.

Well, at the risk of boring you, my current passion is geology (inspired by our recent trip around northern Scotland). Wow, the concepts of deep time, the rock cycle, plate tectonics etc are fascinating and slightly mind-blowing... I'll leave you with a beautiful pic of Lewisian gneiss rock which is, er, 2-3 billion years old... o.m.g.Lewisian gneissLewisian gneiss

formations very much like that here in Cornwall  too @Patricia55 

If you are into geology Cornwall is pretty interesting 👍

Patricia55
Level 10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

@Kevin1322 

Thanks for the recommendation, Kevin! We went to Cornwall once, a long time ago, and loved it 🙂 Hope to get back there one day, especially if it has great rocks!

It is a "rock-botherer's dream" according to my Geo-tech engineer (mining) friend!