Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What do you do in your spare time?

Spare time.png

Hello everybody!

I hope you're all doing well today.

We're almost reaching the end of the month, and the weekend is getting closer and closer. I thought I'd ask everybody what you do in your spare time? Do you visit friends/family or do you go out for shopping perhaps?

Usually, in the evening I enjoy watching some series on Netflix or going for a swim, run, or play tennis with my partner. In the weekends we usually go out for a stroll in the city centre and have some delicious Chinese or Korean food in Chinatown!

I would love to see your answers! 

This dish is called Hot pot 

IMG_9911.JPG

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

33 Replies 33
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0 @Lawrene0 @Shelagh2 @Bruce43 @MicheleandLouw0 @Willow3 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Marit-Anne0 @Farah1 @Mariann4 @Nutth0 @Ria16, I thought you might be interested in this 🙂 

-----

In my spare time, @Quincy, I read the Community Centre to see whether anyone has come up with the definitive answer to Hosting, the Universe and Everything. Also, I weave. I say that on my profile page, and one or two guests have mentioned it. It is those guests who get to see the loom (whether they wanted to or not, I suppose).   

My other-than-Airbnb jobs are getting busier this summer, taking me away from both the rug I have on the loom and the definitive answer. It's all good, though. Thanks for the tag!

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

Morena @Quincy and BnB whanau ️ As I work shifts my days off are often in the middle of the week. If I am not out with my hounds looking for treasures on the beach then  I like to wander one of our local  estuaries with my camera stalking birds 🙂 which keeps me out of trouble. I love waders and can't wait for our Bar tailed Godwits to return from Alaska. Summer months .. scuba is definitely in order but the water temp has to be over 22c. Also partial to some gardening ..well anything outside really 🙂 Have a great day.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That sounds very relaxed @Ria16!

My dog is with my family in The Netherlands.

When I'm visiting my family, I usually disappear for a little while with him since we would walk or cycle to a village a few kilometres away from us 🙂

This is him. 

Bram.JPG

-----

@Quincy I am always on the quest for more spare time.

a man can never get enough of doing nothing.

I have been working for 45 years.

I spend Many hours in my man cave.

It is an office, with a tv chair in the corner along with my waterfall, pre-history artifacts I have found following around tractors digging.Also my amazing bourbon collection.

And to the Israeli medical marijuana growers and my Dr.

And my shortwave radio sending out messages into space.

But that is another story.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Bruce43,

I would love to see the Bourbon collection!

Have you had any connection from outer space by now? 🙂 

-----

@Quincy actually I have seen things during my days of "wonder hippie" I question if it happened, could have happened and no way that happened.

so Q whats happening? 

I will be in London on the 30th

till the 2nd of Sept.

I will contact you by carrier pidgin. 

may the force be with you?

@Quincy that hot pot looks delicious! In my spare time, I like to go play bowling or trampoline (this is a full body work out!) with my husband. For bowling, if we can get a spare on a split, we always say that means we deserve steak for dinner and this does not happen yet... ha ha

Sometimes, we also go on a motorcycle ride/go on a hike. I also like to cook and try new recipes. Of course, I am always interested in trying new food/restaurants too! However, if the spare time is after a back to back check-in/out for a while, I use it to just relax at home 😄

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Quincy I also watch Netflix series the evening : )

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What are you currently following on Netflix @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0

-----

@Quincy Just completed The black list and master of none. Now watching House of Cards. How about you?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0

Love House of Cards!

I'm currently following ZOO and Narcos 🙂 

-----

@Quincy Narcos is a nice serial too, here I just completed The Ranch and waiting for Netflix to upload new seasons. 

Hello @Quincy 🙂 Thanks for the tag.

In my spare time.... so weekdays, I'm currently on a 1yr assignment, in a city 3hrs (by express train) away from home (started early this year, JUST as I decided to host and put up my listing). I'm the only interpreter at a site that has 1000+ employees with multiple on-going programs where the customers are all either a U.S. or EU-based international firm, so I tend to have a lot of conference calls at all hours because of the time differences. Any spare time I have is spent at the gym working out (or at least trying to -_-;;;) or at the company provided flat watching a series on the Korean version of Netflix. Also (obviously) I have been spending quite a bit of time here on the CC. 

Weekends....I always go back home to Seoul, to see Henry and my parents and friends....... and of course my guest 🙂 

I tend to stay close to home and relax, have some beer and/or soju with Henry, chat and catch up with my guest. Meet friends for dinner and drink some more beer and soju 🙂 Squeeze in a lil' bit of housekeeping stuff so that Henry doesn't have to do everything during the week while I'm gone. 

I'm counting the hours till Friday evening........ I can't wait to get back home!!!!! but off to another conference call for now~~~