What have your happy little moments been lately?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

What have your happy little moments been lately?

happy moment.PNG

The late Kurt Vonnegut Jr once said:

“‘And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is’.”

Yesterday afternoon I was sitting working away at my desk, and when I paused for a moment, I felt a rush of happiness and gratitude for my new job.  It was such a lovely feeling, and it made me think of Mr Vonnegut Jr’s words.

What have your “happy moments” been lately?

I think it’s really important, especially at the moment, to recognise the little moments of joy that we feel.  It doesn’t matter if it’s a happy little moment, or if it’s something more significant making you feel good.

Let’s see if we can give ourselves a little glow.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

31 Replies 31
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

So lovely ! 🥲 @Mark116 

-----

Sharon683
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Early morning walks with my dog os a special treat.  Everything is quiet.  The smell of fresh air and the birds chirping relaxes my soul. 

@Sharon683 my heart soars as I type this as the birds outside our window are having a concert this morning and how sweet to notice the impact those things have on each of us....the KEY is to notice. So much in life gets past each of us unless we Notice, stop and take it in even for a moment...

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Jenny @Stephanie What a lovely idea for a topic to reframe much thinking when many are so full of challenges in our lives each day. I thought of Bob Ross and his way of  soothing others with his voice, his style and his words also. No accidents, just happy little trees, or rocks or clouds.... and now look even happy little tasty tree mints!!  A friend made a wonderful piece of art that tells much truth....We tend to seek Happiness when happiness is actually a Choice  happylittletrees.jpg

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm SO sorry I missed this @Clara116 - I'm glad you enjoyed the post!  I love Bob Ross!

-----

The happy moment lately was I find a website that can watch some films that regime don't allow to watch.I was so happy.Just hours ago.

I can saw plot films、family films.I eventually can watch good films.

Screenshot_2022-05-04-17-12-22-27_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg

Screenshot_2022-05-04-20-39-52-44_8b7aa5be40a89c6a7df806c347da652a.jpg

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

What's been your favourite film so far, @Sheng72?

-----

By the one.Does anyone like to help me search what's the chinese translation from'Just add magic'.

This website can't use english.And my browser can't search those content.

Screenshot_2022-05-04-20-41-23-85_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

@Jenny 

I love many movies.Marval、Hollywood、Disney movies and so on.

The favourite movie that I like not equal the best movie I think.

I don't know how to chosen the best favourite movies.I don't know what the evaluation criteria are.

My favourite movie was Marval movie.Because it was intersting.

But I think the best movie that I watched so far was soul.

I never cry for movie until I watched it.

Screenshot_2022-05-05-22-47-30-97_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Sheng72 I loved Soul, such a beautiful movie - though I'm with you, tissues are required to watch it! Which ones of the marvel movies do you like most?

I'm a bit behind, but I thought Ant-Man and the Doctor Strange ones were quite good, as well as the latest Spider Man movies. Very fun to watch. 🙂

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Emilie 

I'm not often watch movies now.I watch movies just rely recommended by APP or website.I not watch all Marval movies.I just random watched a few of Marval movies.

The my favourite Marval movies was Wolverine 2,because I'm interesting Asian culture(maybe because I'm a chinese.)And this movie have Japanese culture.

The Moon knghit also is my favourite TV series .Because it is a different world outlook.

My country bans faith for all children.When I fisrt time know Bible,I was shocked very much.My world,my outlook was changed completely.I thought the world was only have science.So,I began curious the religion and everything that different I know.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Sheng72 I'll add Moon Knight to my list, thanks for the suggestion! I'm intrigued by this different world outlook you mention it showcases. 🙂

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Emilie 

Can you recommend some movies for me?I like to watch some different world outlook movie now.Especially movies base on religious.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Sheng72 None come to mind that fit the bill, but I'll have a think and let you know if I have any recommendations!

My favourite genres tend to be science-fiction, fantasy and thrillers - I've been rewatching Lord of the Rings lately, which I'd highly recommend if you're not seen it yet. 🙂

-----

Sheng72 try 'The Banshees'.... H