What's next for the Community Social Meetups? Share your thoughts

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What's next for the Community Social Meetups? Share your thoughts

Pens.jpg

Hello everyone,

Can you believe it, we have now held 10 weekly social meetups since we started in April? Looking back, I can't believe where the time has gone and what has happened over the past few months, but it truly has been a joy to speak with such an amazing group of people each week. We've shared insights into our homes, favourite plants, items that mean things to us, wonderful food dishes (and things you can get in a packet) and met our furry pet friends to mention just a few things. I feel like we've all supported each other through this hard time, shared some sad moments and brought some much needed laughter to our lives as well.  A massive thank you to everyone who has joined and contributed. 

I know things around the world are starting to move a little more and some of you are back hosting or at least thinking about hosting again and generally life seems to be getting busier. I thought it would be good to have a break this week and take this time to check-in with you and ask you where you want the meetups go from here. One thing for sure we need to make sure we have our cook-a-long. 🙂

Currently we are having weekly meetups and they alternate from an APAC friendly timezone to a North America friendly timezone to make sure that everyone can join at a good time for them.

I would love to hear your thoughts on how you have found them so far and how you would like them to continue:

Frequency:

• Weekly (let's keep it as it is)
  • Bi-Weekly (every two weeks sounds good)
  • Monthly
  • I enjoyed them, but I would prefer not to join anymore

Timing:

• Do you have any preferred day/time of the week? Is Tuesday the new Friday? 🙂

Discussion topics:

• General chat, not necessarily Airbnb focused (let's keep it as it is)
  • Would be open to more of a hosting theme, but also liked the relaxed setup
  • Would love to have more interactive sessions where I learn something hosting related or a something fun ie. cooking
  • Please make it all about Airbnb and hosting

Any other thoughts or ideas are most welcome.

I really hope we can keep these meetups going, but it's not really my decision I will certainly be there for all of you and so I would love to hear your thoughts and make a decision together.

If you have never attended a social CC meetup, but you would like to, please share any of your ideas or preferences below, it would also be great to hear from you. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Lizzie

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

33 Replies 33
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

I enjoyed the chat as well @Christine615 .

Always good to chat with @Lizzie , @Stephanie@Roberta2 , @Alexandra316 ,  @Clara116  and it’s been awhile @Sandra126

It’s reassuring to see all your faces and know with Covid19, you are still safe. Although we don’t “know” one another, over the past online social meetups and CC conversations, I certainly feel like I have made some distant friends.

Take care everyone!

PS @Sandra126 , I loved your ceiling detail and that fire sure looked cosy....

I'm sorry @Cathie19 , seems like someone brought the virus to nt from Vic... don't let any more in.

All okay @Sandra126 . Luckily quarantine was still part of their requirement on arrival. Just shows how malignant this Covid19 is. They were tested on departure from Melbourne quarantine and had tested negative. 

It does beg to query whether interstate travel should still continue for all travellers...... not just hot spot and internationals.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely comments here @Cathie19 and @Christine615 - it was so nice catching up on Wednesday evening. It definitely felt like a Friday though. 🙂 

Stay safe everyone. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.