What's on the box?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What's on the box?

502637_GettyImages-639566174_ForYou (1).jpg

Hiya everyone,

It's difficult to know what watch on TV and online, but if being stuck at home all day has taught me anything, it's that it can be very easy when the entertainment barrel is running dry.

After seeing that many of you were sharing your good advice on what programs to watch, we thought it would be useful to have a discussion dedicated to these recommendations! Because we are able to access lots of foreign programming thanks to services like Netflix, Prime and the like, we may discover Australia's latest new true crime or Canada's best superhero show. 

What are you watching at the moment and what's next on the list? Do you have access to streaming services such as Netflix or Amazon Prime?

I can't wait to read your advice, there's only so many times I can rewatch American Horror Story.

Stay safe everyone!

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

20 Replies 20
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I am Currently following Altered Carbon on Netflix. Just finished Kingdom a few days ago @Stephanie. How about you? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Good question @Stephanie.

I've just got a free year's subscription to Apple TV, so I'm giving a show on this a whirl. It's called 'For all mankind' and it's about NASA. It's a drama and it's basically rewritten the landing on the moon and the events after it as if the Russian astronauts made it there before the USA. 

It's actually really good and since I've stopped feeling like I need to hold my breath when they go into space, I've become slightly hooked. : )

Any good recommendations for Netflix?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lizzie  I've got to watch that!  @Stephanie I've just finished all three seasons of "The Good Place" (Netflix), so brilliant, hilarious, and thought-provoking. I hope there's a Season 4 coming soon because the last moment needs follow-up!

I've finished the latest season of "Project Runway" and am waiting until "Making the Cut," with Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum, drops on Amazon March 27th.

Also recently binged "Succession," which has one of the best finales of all time.

The offerings on Netflix and the like aren't the same the world over, so if a recommended show is available on one service in a certain country and not another, it might be found on a competing service.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Stephanie  Wait - there is a season 4 of "The Good Place"!  It's not on Netflix yet, but it's somewhere!  Now that the workday is done, that's what I'll be doing!

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Stephanie @Ann72 @Lizzie @Quincy 

The Good Place is excellent.

We love "Peep Show" on netflix. It is so funny and mortifying at the same time.

Also starring Olivia Coleman...

"Fleabag" funny and mortifying AND with  guinea pig.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I adore Peep show @Mike-And-Helen0 !

You must have checked Mitchell and Webb look as well, it's on Netflix too!

9bbd330b04c34a3dfafee6d50f98afa6.jpg

-----

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Looking forward to watching Unorthodox on Netflix. It's about an ultra-Orthodox Jewish woman fleeing Brooklyn. Not Jewish myself, but find the faith very interesting.  

I seldom watch TV but stumbled upon Unorthodox on a day I dedicated to doing absolutely nothing.  The actors were exceptional and I thoroughly enjoyed the limited series.  How did you like it?

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Best thing on Netflix, assuming it still there: I don't feel I belong in this world anymore. Also an Israeli movie, maktub.  I've seen it three times.

Funny, when I watch things now I think: Youre too close to each other, social distance please!. 

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

Can't afford steaming services in empty apartments and 100% refund on cancellation fees.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Tony-And-Una0,

There are some good shows on BBC iplayer at the moment if you have a  UK tv licence. I just finished watching a show about Alaska. I sometimes think it's easier not to have streaming services, too much choice. 

I hope things get better for you. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I'm a very busy person - I manage a lot of holiday homes - I work from morning to night, 7 days a week. I'm also single - can't see that changing any time soon because of my work etc. I'm out and about most days for a few hours, then I have a lot of time on the computer, listing new properties, building the website, dealing with bookings etc etc. I don't really watch much telly, but it's always on in the background for "company". I make a point now of stopping every day to switch off, watch something on telly and recharge.

At 7pm on 4Music is Scrubs - it's a very intelligent comedy/drama set in a US hospital. I watched it years ago, got the box set, watching the whole lot again on telly - it is THAT good.

If you liked Breaking Bad, the spin-off Better Call Saul season 5 is now on Netflix, one new episode per week

Daytimes, I tend to have the Yesterday channel on some days - sometimes some interesting documentaries among the Over 50s Funeral Plan adverts that remind me that I'm going to die soon. But I don't actually watch the documentaries, or the funeral plan adverts, as my back is to the telly .....

And I have the box set of It Ain't Half Hot Mum to get through one day .... all I need is a DVD player .....

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Trevor243 Scrubs is legit one of my all time favourite shows ever!! (ignore the last season, it's baaad.)

-----

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Stephanie  There's a little bit of every character in all of us! Shame it ended the way it did, but sometimes that happens ....