What's on the box?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What's on the box?

502637_GettyImages-639566174_ForYou (1).jpg

Hiya everyone,

It's difficult to know what watch on TV and online, but if being stuck at home all day has taught me anything, it's that it can be very easy when the entertainment barrel is running dry.

After seeing that many of you were sharing your good advice on what programs to watch, we thought it would be useful to have a discussion dedicated to these recommendations! Because we are able to access lots of foreign programming thanks to services like Netflix, Prime and the like, we may discover Australia's latest new true crime or Canada's best superhero show. 

What are you watching at the moment and what's next on the list? Do you have access to streaming services such as Netflix or Amazon Prime?

I can't wait to read your advice, there's only so many times I can rewatch American Horror Story.

Stay safe everyone!

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

20 Replies 20
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Trevor243 

Some days I'm channelling Dr Cox too much, have to reach my JD side 😉 

You'd probably like Brooklyn 99, it's basically Police Scrubs.

On Netflix atm!

-----

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Stephanie  Oh I totally get the Dr Cox thing, especially with my cleaners, but I don't rant at them or berate them .... yet .... just have to smile sweetly (and yes, I can do that) and carry on ....

I'll give Brooklyn 99 a try!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Brooklyn 99 is way more silly than Scrubs but has the same heart! Hope you enjoy @Trevor243 

-----

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Has to be the Tiger Kings docuseries on Netflix. Hands down, the funniest, most bonkers thing I have ever seen in my life. I thought it was a mockumentary at first, but no - it's actually real life. Some riveting and extremely revealing character depictions as each episode unfolds too - top class work by the editors, directors, and producers. The self-proclaimed "Mother Theresa of Cats", Carole Baskin, is a particular charmer. 

Me and my boys binge-watched the entire series from the comfort of our sofa yesterday, stuffed ourselves wirh the choccies they'd bought me for Mothers Day, and laughed ourselves stupid for the whole afternoon and evening. Truly, a perfect day :))

Here's the trailer. Enjoy! 

https://youtu.be/acTdxsoa428

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I tried Tiger King @Susan17 yesterday - got to episode 3 and just couldn't deal with the level of animal neglect and pure idiocy from the humans. As soon as he started recording videos of special parcels to her... had to turn it off! Like @Trevor243 , TV is more a background noise/comforter for me while working atm - hubby is a "key worker" so not locked up with me. 

Speaking of funny docuseries, you must have seen "Abducted in plain sight"? Now that was scary but hilarious. Then go watch the react videos HAHA!!

Thanks

Stephanie

-----

Anyone interested in K-dramas????? 

https://www.prestigeonline.com/my/pursuits/art-culture/10-of-the-best-korean-dramas-on-netflix/

Two of my recent favorites are Crash Landing On You and When the Camellia Blooms

I admit...............I'm into romcoms :-))))