What's on your walls?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What's on your walls?

What's on your walls?

Welcoming guests into your home is a very personal thing, so it's logical to think that the way you present your home will be very personal to you, too. For example, my mum still keeps a painting of a boat I made when I was 6 on her kitchen wall, everytime I see it I remember when I painted it and people notice it when they visit, but I have to admit it's has a lovely frame! 🙂

This got me thinking, as the seasons have just changed, it would be great to share what we put on our walls and little tips if you have them. Do you have a colour scheme, perhaps you are particular fond of a local artist's work or maybe you are an artist at heart and like to create your own. 

Feel free to share your photos. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

20 Replies 20

Hi all,

on our walls you can find mainly my photos in larger formats showing our main hiking attractions just in front of the door. Our guests really appreciate and makes them feel attainable hiking tours.

Then we had one of our guests impressed by the amounts of snow and winter sun colors he discovered compared to the intense and hot summers you may have in black forest (Germany). So he painted from his memories the winter view outside of our living room. Now the painting is on the living rooms wall and the guest comes back every now and then to relax.

What we miss? An decoration idea for our bedroom wall. It needs to be some kind of special, that we take our time to find it.

Best wishes

Viele Grüsse,

Claudia

Outdoor and Relax in Black Forest

Robin44
Level 3
Boston, MA

Love this topic!  My daughter who runs our Boston airbnb just graduated with an illustration degree.  Our home is filled with her art.  She's too modest to tell anyone even when they ask about it.  

Recently the director of Undergraduate admissions from her school checked his parents into the house and noticed one of the paintings...turns out the art school had been using one of her illustrations on all of the school's marketing materials.  We would not have know that if it weren't for airbnb!  I'm enclosing her link.http://victoriamaxfield.com

Went to a local flea market and found a chess game made with Boston Red Sox and Yankee baseball players.  Guests love this type of local touch.IMG_3764.JPG

An-Nhien0
Level 3
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

IMG_5770.jpg

IMG_5765.jpg

We're located in Saigon, Vietnam where the Ben Thanh market and ao dai (traditional costume for ladies) are among the most popular symbols. Our home is themed "A tale of 3 cities" about the towns where my husband and I were born and where we met and built our home. The paintings on our walls of our living room & 3 bedrooms feature the symbols of each town. Above are 2 examples. 

Happy weekend 🙂

Best,

Nhien

livingroom1.JPGPerfect cozy time of year to enjoy the Hamptons Film Festival Oct 6th -Oct 10th

I'm a local artist

here in the Hamptons

thanks so much

Forestcozy cozy cozy

Inspiring creativity in many homes! I have an old family house, and have therefore chosen to decorate with items and photographies from family history. For instance: 20161011_142951.jpg20161011_142524.jpg20161011_142621.jpg
20161011_142435.jpg

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1722082

This is our dear wonderful home. It is a challenge to hang art as so much of our home is glass, set up to admire the ever changing huge "IMAX" view of Nature. We have managed to hang a lot of art we've collected in our travels. One of our favorite styles turned out to be the highly colorful and spiritually passionate Huichol art from the Sierra Madre in Mexico. It matches our philosophy as well as our colorful aesthetic. These reclusive people create not just storybooks with their art, but constantly pray through the work, for love (spiritual as well as amongst people) protection, ceremony, gratitude, healing. Their work is for the balance and benefit of the world and all that lives in it.