What's on your walls?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What's on your walls?

What's on your walls?

Welcoming guests into your home is a very personal thing, so it's logical to think that the way you present your home will be very personal to you, too. For example, my mum still keeps a painting of a boat I made when I was 6 on her kitchen wall, everytime I see it I remember when I painted it and people notice it when they visit, but I have to admit it's has a lovely frame! 🙂

This got me thinking, as the seasons have just changed, it would be great to share what we put on our walls and little tips if you have them. Do you have a colour scheme, perhaps you are particular fond of a local artist's work or maybe you are an artist at heart and like to create your own. 

Feel free to share your photos. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

20 Replies 20
Tiffany11
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

When I travel, I enjoy seeing art or photos of the local area incorporated into the decor, so that's what I do in my Airbnb listing in Los Angeles. Since it's a pretty urban area, I drove around and took photos of some vintage neon building signs. I used a Photoshop filter to make them all visually related. I ordered enlarged prints from an online photo lab and then framed them. I might change the photos from time to time, just like an art gallery!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is amazing @Tiffany11, what a great idea! I bet they looks quite striking on your walls. Are you always on the look out now for interesting objects/signs in your city now? 🙂

It must be a nice thing for your guest to see as well, have many guests commented? 

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie,

I figured out how to upload a photo! Below is one from my listing showing the "triptych" set of photos I took of the Vista Theater sign in Los Feliz. I do get a lot of nice comments from guest about how I've curated the art and decor items in the space. Yes, I'm always on the lookout for things to add to the space. Thrift stores and flea markets are the best for unique finds!

I've heard from friends who use Airbnb that too many personal items can sometimes make them feel uncomfortable, so I think it's important to find art that has a general appeal, yet expresses my personality and design aesthetic.

You started a great thread, and I'd be interested to hear input from other hosts as well!

@Lizzie I have an off topic question - please help! How do I make the signature in my posts a link? As many times I tried, it never worked, I managed only to copy the name of my listing, without the link 😞

Harry22
Level 10
Athens, Greece

Who doesnt love the Beach Boys?

I made a huge painting out of the wave form of my favourite beach boys song, Good Vibrations!

Hope you like it:

Good Vibrations 1

Good Vibrations 2

If anyone needs instructions on how to do something similar with their favorite song, ill be happy to help out

Thumbs up if you liked the pictures 😉

Regards,

Harry

---------
Live your myth in Greece

Airbnb Community:
25 tips to get Booked

Combine two listings into one, semi-automate Calendar sync:

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Harry22, this is such a great idea. It looks amazing. I too am a fan of this song and it is now going round in my head! 🙂

Have you tried it out with sound waves from other songs? There must be some songs that have very exciting patterns, that I imagine visually look great. 

I'm intruigued to hear what you have done with your other rooms? 

--------------------

I love that Harry! Are you selling those? 

Hey Trish,  

I have made and sold many. 
I dont do it professionally but i could make one/some for you if you are interested.
Send me an email at [personal information hidden], what exactly are you thinking about?

Regards, 
Harry
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to see you are back in the CC, @Harry22. I agree with @Trish30, it is so creative. Are there any particular type of songs it works better with?

Just to let you know we have a Direct Message function here in the CC, when you would like to speak one-to-one with one another. To do this, hover over the photo image of the person you would like to contact and you will see a pop-up like the image below:

DM - send message 

The message will then go directly into the other host's personal email box. This means you don't have to share your personal information publicly here in the CC. 🙂

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Lizzie

--------------------

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegWe love our art and use Etsy to buy things from all over the world. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I love the mix of art pieces you have, @David-and-Fiona0. I particular like the dog sculptures - what are they made from? They look deceptively light in weight? 🙂

What next is on your interior wishlist? 

--------------------

Patricia86
Level 4
Chico, CA

The home we live in and rent beds from belongs to my husband's family.  When we moved in, we were given the job to clean it out-- 40 years of family stuff collected.  Many, many truckloads of stuff went to the dump and thrift stores, and much was sold.

I took off over 20 pictures off the walls and left only the calligraphy from famous artists that were brought over from China in the 60s by his mom.  Our visitors from China often will walk from painting to painting and simply stand there and appreciate the art.  

Those paintings, along with the beautiful mid century walnut paneling is all the decoration this house needs.  

It is our way of honoring the memory of my mother in law-- showing off her beautiful house.  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is a great and lovely story @Patricia86, I bet they are a fantastic talking spot. What are the artworks like, do they have much color in them? 🙂

I don't suppose you would mind sharing a photo here in the CC? Don't worry if not, it is lovely just to hear about them.

Lizzie

--------------------

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Over the years we have bought paintings - mainly at auction - and we love then. Some for a few $ and some a little more. Guests who have an interest in art love the eclectic personal mix - one even asked to buy a lack ting if we ever decided to get rid of it. For us paintings are personal and probably our most treasured possessions as we buy then because we really love them. The hardest thing was moving from a larger house to a flat in London and having to get rid of some of them. You can never have too many walls..