Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Where are your guests from?

Where are your guests from_ .png

Hello everybody!

I hope you've all had a great week!

Today I wanted to talk about guests, and as a host, you get guests from all around the globe! So my question is from which country or city was your previous guest from? If this is your first time hosting, I'd be happy to know where your upcoming guest will be coming from 🙂

My last guest was from Canada!

Look forward to seeing your replies, and I hope you all have a lovely and peaceful weekend! 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

20 Replies 20

My last guest was from Shanghai, China.  

Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

My last guests (a bit of a challenge when everybody checking-in/out at the same time) were from California and Czech Republic.

I'm currently hosting my 2nd guest who is from Singapore. My 1st guest was from Arizona 🙂 

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

A San Franciscan temporarily living in Stockholm.

An American doing the Colorado Trail, a long distance Hiking Trail from Denver to Durango.

I more commonly get cyclists doing the Tour Divide from Canada to Mexico, 2,745 miles.

David
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That sounds like quite a tough trip there @David126!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

My last guests were Australians from Victoria - current ones from US - Idaho.  

Monica4
Level 10
Ormstown, Canada

I host almost exclusively guests that have family and friends living in my area. Many people left Quebec because of the political situation here back in the 80's and 90's. They come from all parts of Canada and also from the USA. This is now my niche market. There is no tourism.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

A couple from N.Y  US and another guest from Santiago City, Chile left almost at the same time.

Susan598
Level 6
Urrbrae, Australia

I am in Australia. Almost all of my guests are Australian, but at the moment I have a guest from the US.

Lisa658
Level 10
Hervey Bay, Australia

@Quincy

Looking at who is staying with us tonight, we have India, UK, Germany, France, Canada and 3  sets of Australian guests.  We are really lucky at this time of the year because the whales have arrived!  A few days ago was the first sighting of a baby - a "premie" they think as this is a bit early and the baby looked small.  They call Hervey Bay the whale kindergarten. The whales come here to have their calves and teach them survival skills in the safe bay before heading South again in late October or early November so winter is a peak holiday time for us.  It is a pretty steady 22-24 degrees so we also get guests from the Southern States wanting to thaw out for a bit especially the Grey Nomads.  I love the overseas visitors who go swimming in the sea in winter!  You wouldn't catch me doing that so I guess it is vicarious sharing of their enjoyment.

We are also the Southernmost point of the GBR so many travellers who cannot see all of QLD come here to visit Lady Elliot Island.  We are also a 30 minute boat ride to Fraser Island which is the largest sand island in the world.  It is like landing on another planet when you go there.  Different eco systems and it is a rainforest - in the sand!  Fraser Island is definitely on most travellers to Australia must see list.

It is fantastic that the whales coincide with a lot of international school holiday dates as we have a lot of overseas families travelling at this time.  In Australia the school year starts in January and they have a lot of holidays through the year but not a long break in summer as they do in other countries.  This is a favourite time when lots of guests from around the globe get to have a really magical visit to the region. 

Not sure if you wanted such a long reply, but I figured you could do with a chatty reply every now and again, Lisa

Just checked out a family from Bejing, China,  Previously, a couple from Serbia.  Right now a single from NY

Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Yesterday two sisters from Australia, today just checked out a German girl living in Prague, and awaiting a French couple. i've had guests from all continents except Africa. Now I'm really looking forward to host someone from Africa, but I don't get the impression that airbnb is popular there. Am I wrong? 

@Ana7

I have had guests from South-Africa on several occasions, but not this year.