Which book is on your bedside table?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Which book is on your bedside table?

Which book is on your bedside table.png

Hello everyone,

We all lead busy lives and it can be difficult to make time to relax and read a good book. Personally, unless I’m on holiday, the only time I read is in bed! I therefore always have a book on my bedside table.

Which book are you reading at the moment? It would be great to hear what you think of it and maybe we’ll all find a good book to read next, thanks to other people’s recommendations!

Looking forward to your replies,

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

9 Replies 9
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

The book I have on my bedside table is (tellingly) called "a stranger in the house" by Shari Lapena!

It's quite the thriller, and probably not the best for bedtime reading now I'm thinking about it 🙂

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Paul1255,

It does sound like a book that gets you thinking haha! 

All the books on my side are mixed with the books of my partner, but I have been trying out some e-books as well such as Elevation by Stephen King :-). 

Have you nearly finished your book? 

-----

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Quincy indeed it is! Ah nice, I have never read a book on an e-reader yet.

I am about half way in, it's good but I don't appear to be desperate to get to the end.

I remember a book called "see Jane run" that someone gave to me to read, I stayed up all night to finish it, it was such a page-turner I couldn't put it down!

How are you gettting on with Elevation?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Paul1255,

You've got some reading to do then! 

I've actually just started reading Elevation and so far it's not too bad! Are there any books you recommend reading? (other than see Jane run)? 😉

-----

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Dieneke0,

Are there any books you recommend? 🙂 

-----

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Quincy

Interesting question.. I was given a lovely book wisdom@work by Chip Conley - Chip advised Airbnb and ended up working at Airbnb for quite a few years. The book is about the concept of the 'Modern Elder' - people that are a bit older 50s or so and who contribute with their wisdom and accumulated knowledge.Well worth the read even if you are 'younger'. Some might remember the AirbnbOpens, the brainchild of Chip Conley.

Dieneke

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Quincy and @Paul1255,

Oo this is a good topic. I am currently going through a biography phase, which has been a bit of an adventure, some have been easier going than others. I've just started the biography 'Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the creator of Nike' by Phil Knight. 

I feel I'm in need of a nice fiction book soon...if anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ears. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

One of the books I always have in the pile on my bedside table is "Notes from a Small Island" by the wonderful Bill Bryson. I dip in and out of it when I want a giggle and also it reminds me of how other nationalities tend to see the idiosyncracies of the British.  It's a must have book for me.  I also have a pile of the Ian Rankin "Rebus" detective novels - brilliantly written and fascinating for me as I worked for so many years in Criminal Defence before retiring and becoming a host.  

The book beside on my table is The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien