"One Week" - Hilarious

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

"One Week" - Hilarious

We can all relate to this Silent movie, Buster Keaton's ''One Week" from the 1920's  and the building or renovating of one's home to maybe set up an Airbnb...

If you have had a challenging time, sit back and relax for around 30 minutes and enjoy

One Week

https://archive.org/details/OneWeek512kb

@Laura2295 @Nancy1 @John1080 @Ann72 @Mary996 @Dale711 @Inna22 @Paul1255 @Huma0 

@Jessica-and-Henry0 @Laura2265 @Carmen856 @Patti4 

@Ingrid267 @Catherine-Powell @Stephanie @Nick @Lizzie @Francesca @Sergi @Emilie @Tina-and-John2 @Quincy @Liv @Sybe @Hilda-Et-Buster0 @Miriam-Susana-Bustos0 @Keaton9 @Keaton8 @Keaton7 @Keaton5 @Keaton4 @Keaton3 @Melissa-and-Jason0 @Michelle926 @Debra350 @Debra300 @Laura2565 @Suzanne302 @Robin4 @Cathy19 @Cath19 @Kath9 @Sandra126 @Susan1028 @Mike-And-Helen0 @Linda2 @Emiel1 @Emilia42 @Lawrene0 @Clara119 

and everyone else 

Have a Great day

5 Replies 5
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the recommendation @Helen427, I've actually never seen this movie but I've bookmarked it to watch later when I have a bit of free time on my hands! Are you a fan of Buster Keaton's work?

I hope your week wasn't too challenging, but either way it's always good to sit back and relax. ☺️ 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Emilie , I may have seen some of his earlier works as a child and this is the first Silent Movie of his I've watched.

Have  you seen any of his movies?

There's other movies of his in the above link Internet Archive.

I sometimes put random year of eras before us and see what pops up.

There's some amazing historical stories, pictures, etc in there.

Be warned however as it's a little addictive!!

@Nick 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Helen427  Thanks for the recommendation ! I will watch it ! 🙂

Hi @Helen427,

What a lovely thought, and throwback to a great piece of art! Thank you for the suggestion, and for bringing some positivity to us all.

Warmly,

Catherine

It's a pleasure @Catherine-Powell , hope you managed to zip in and out of the above website without getting too side-tracked, as it's easy to happen 🙂

Loved reading up on the history of Walt Disney and making "pictures'' in Papers Past NZ archives to...nice to see so many wonderful simple stories tucked in Archives.