small gathering

small gathering

I am trying to host a small gathering max 15 people, with backyard patio and grill for dates July 31- August 2. Someone please help me I don't mind it being 30 minutes outside of Detroit.  I do have identification and I do not mind paying a security deposit. 

6 Replies 6
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hello, @Lynetta0   You are posting your request on a forum for mostly hosts to help with issues along with some guests as well.  Perhaps you are not familiar with the search function where you can find homes that meet your needs.  You could use filters, such as, outdoor patio or BBQ, to find a home.  Many hosts do restrict parties however, so you might need to look to a site that specializes in event venues as opposed to travel/accommodation venues.  Good luck!!

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lynetta0,

Since you are new to Airbnb, to improve you chances of having your reservation accepted, complete your profile information, post a picture that clearly shows your face, and in your reservation requests write a small description about the planned events during your stay.

@Lynetta0 

@Debra300 's advice is spot on and you're going to want to send your inquiry to a few different hosts in the area (using the "contact host" button.)  Many hosts are uneasy about gatherings since some that got out of control has ruined it for most. Be prepare to get turned down before you get a host who is willing to take the risk. But it is always best to be honest and transparent with your intentions.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

What's with the influx of people randomly posting on this forum saying they want to find a rental unit for XX party?  Very odd. 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Mark116,

It could be a result of online articles like this regarding the use of Airbnb for event planning: https://www.eventmanagerblog.com/airbnb-booking-for-events.  Now it appears that the idea of using Airbnb to find an event location has gotten into the wild.

Plus, I think many traditional venues may not be taking reservations, because of gathering restrictions in their area, and they don't want the responsibility of policing the number of people who attend the event.  I can see some disputes, "Well, it's only 48 people now, because two people left.  So, I called my two friends and said that they could come.  We're still at the 50 person limit."  Or, the original two guests come back, "Why can't we enter?  We just had to run out to do XX, but we were not planning to leave permanently."  Also, it's difficult nowadays to hire people for side gigs as catering staff and servers, because it messes with their unemployment benefits.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lynetta0  Agree with all previous hosts' suggestions.  Peerspace is a site where you can search for places to hold events.

A quick search using your criteria for Detroit came up with these 6 places:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Detroit--MI--United-States/homes?tab_id=home_tab&refinement_paths%5B%5D=%2F...