Booking overlap

Answered!
Alicia1038
Level 2
Silver Spring, MD

Booking overlap

Hello!

Today I had somewhat of a double booking request come through. I had a guest auto-book on the same day someone is checking out and my check out time is 11am and my check in time is 2pm. I like to be flexible and I absolutely never want to turnover same day to ensure cleaning has time and guests can have their late check outs or early check ins. 

Does anyone know a way I can block people from booking same day someone is checking out? 

1 Best Answer

@Fred13 to give a day between bookings the system needs to block a night before AND after each booking.If it only did one of these then someone could book a stay immediately before or after the booking that has come in.

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Would blocking in your reservation calendar such in-between days work?

It would - but since it’s a manual process I was looking for an alternative that was automatic since I’m receiving bookings quite frequently now.

The other option I was thinking of is having it set automatically set to block off the day before and the day after and then I can manually unblock the day I don’t want it to block. If there’s nothing else I’ll do that. 

I know what you mean, I been doing it manually and be cool if can cause it to do it only before or after a booking.

@Fred13 to give a day between bookings the system needs to block a night before AND after each booking.If it only did one of these then someone could book a stay immediately before or after the booking that has come in.

Ah, yes. No bueno.

@Alicia1038 see my post below. You need both ends of a booking blocked.

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Alicia1038 

This link will show you how to have a day in between bookings (or even two)

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2923?_set_bev_on_new_domain=1672649696_N2QyNGVmNmQyM2Q5&locale=e...

Hope this helps!

Joëlle

Hello! I saw that option but I didn’t want to have both the day before and the day after automatically blocked because I want them to be able to book to check in the day before someone checks out. I just don’t want AirBnb to allow them to book on the exact same day of check out. 

@Alicia1038   If you choose the One day option, the person can book the day after a person checks out, just not the same day the person checks out.  Example: Guest A books Tuesday through Friday.  Guest B can book Saturday through Monday.  Guest C can book Tuesday through etc.

If you don't want to lose a night, then you need to increase your cleaning hours by changing your check out and check in times.  Mine are 10am and 4pm, which allows my housekeeper to clean and do all of the laundry on the same day as the checkout of guest A and the check-in of guest B.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Alicia1038 ,

How did you manage to go through this booking overlap? were you able to block the dates as Mike suggested?

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines