[Poll] Do you use special offers?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

[Poll] Do you use special offers?

Jenny_0-1673887878579.jpeg

Hello everyone,

Airbnb has lots of different tools to help Hosts make their listing appealing. 

Not all features suit all Hosts, and it is not always easy to know which tools are the most important or useful, depending on your hosting style, how full your calendar might be, the location of or type of property you offer, amongst many other factors.

With that in mind, I would like your opinion, do you use Airbnb's special offers tool?

We’d love to know when you find opportunities to use this tool, (or if you don't, why not) in the comments below!

Take care!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

9 Replies 9
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

I used special offers this week - and got two bookings!

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

That's awesome, @Till-and-Jutta0! How long will they be staying?  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Jenny 

Well, this has been an untypical situation: We have the world’s largest travel trade fair running these days, after two times cancelled due to Covid-19. And usually we are booked by exhibitors, so we started with a 5 day minimum stay, as the fair is open 9 days. But no bookings until the fair opening from exhibitors. So we reduced the minimum to our usual 2 days and started the Airbnb promotion last minute. Now we have two guest groups, and we are happy 🙂

I used it this week, got no bookings. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, can't be sure if the special offer was a factor. 

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Jenny  Are we talking about Special Offers, or Promotions?

I don’t use Special Offers very often. When I do, it is when a potential guest has already made contact.

I use Promotions to increase the advertising of discounts on certain qualified dates.

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

My rate is already very low to attract customers. I'm not going to add an additional discount.

JJ48
Level 10
Providence, RI

I would really like a Special Offer button for returning guests! Please. 

That's who I want to give special offers.  I have a lot of returning guests and would use it all of the time if the button was available when a prior guest contacts me. As it stands now, I have to block my calendar for them, they have to book at a higher price and then I have to do a reservation change to give them their special price and the correct dates and then they still have log back on to accept the reservation change.  It's so cumbersome for me and the guest. And it makes so much sense to be able to send a special offer to a repeat guest when they want to stay again. 

I love that idea for our frequent guests!

Vivienne10
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

To have a special offer button to change the pricing for returni ng guests would be great so useful .

Its so difficult to accomplish this with thd present system 

Thanks 

Vivienne.