Airbnb Photo Team: FAQ

Stephanie2426
Level 2
Wyoming, DE

Airbnb Photo Team: FAQ

Hey everyone! I'm Stephanie, an AIRBNB Photographer. Recently I started to take on airbnb photo jobs. A couple of things I've run into:

-When do we actually get paid? I have yet to receive payment for one job yet and it's been almost 3 weeks.

-Why are the AIRBNB hosts soooooo skeptical? Every time I reach out to them, even after introducing myself professionally, they act so distrusting!

-Is it "free" or is it FREE for the hosts?????

-Is there an AIRBNB photo team customer service phone number?

These are my questions, and concerns. Don't get me wrong, I love taking the photos, and traveling to photograph, but boy it's sure not a simple task to receive payment and to schedule these jobs. 

What has been your experience? Either on the host side scheduling with an AIRBNB Photographer, or being the AIRBNB Photographer working with the host?

Any responses are greatly appreciated!

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Stephanie2426 lots of Airbnb photographers have reported difficulties and delays getting paid. Surely you have a contract with contact details in it?

I thought the link had expired to view the Independent Contractor Agreement, but I found a way to refresh it. I'm looking over the document now. this helps me greatly. In an email I received from them in attempts to ask how long it would take they said up to 14 days, but in the contract it states in Section 2 Payment 2.1: "Airbnb will pay You for completed Tasks and any invoice You submit within thirty (30) days of receipt, except for any amounts that Airbnb disputes in good faith."

So it's at worst 30 days out... man. I'l wait till then I guess & then regroup. Thank you for your response Mike & Jane!

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Hey everyone! I'm Stephanie, an AIRBNB Photographer. Recently I started to take on airbnb photo jobs. A couple of things I've run into:

Hello Stephanie,

-When do we actually get paid? I have yet to receive payment for one job yet and it's been almost 3 weeks.

Maybe you are /or/ are not aware of this, CC-forum is not Airbnb per se & is not managed/ or/ read by Airbnb officials/ customer service teams. PAYMENT and all issues during your work -while affiliated with Airbnb - you have to contact them directly.

-Why are the AIRBNB hosts soooooo skeptical? Every time I reach out to them, even after introducing myself professionally, they act so distrusting!

My photographer was recommended by Airbnb, I clicked that option. Also, 'not everyone knows' (a) importance of a pro-photographer + good photos in our listings (b) I contacted few in London, you know what (?) I got 3 Loud No's [we dont do rooms/ houses - just portraits, ceremonies, weddings etc] People do not realise 'property photographers' are like almost a sub-branch, not any photographer will accept/ or is good at it.

-Is it "free" or is it FREE for the hosts?????

How Airbnb pays and when - you must ask them. I know, I wont pay my photographer. I will pay Airbnb. Is it free for some experienced hosts/ Superhosts etc, (?) wait for them, they will explain...

-Is there an AIRBNB photo team customer service phone number?

In the Help Centre,  explore links you need. First explain 'what you need' then you get connected. As far as i can gather - from one problem i had - contact [for hosts] seem to be in case/by/case basis.

Klik 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1542?_set_bev_on_new_domain=1665529098_ZGM2MTkxNzViOGYw

These are my questions, and concerns. Don't get me wrong, I love taking the photos, and traveling to photograph, but boy it's sure not a simple task to receive payment and to schedule these jobs. 

Dont worry, people will come, good photos can increase chances of booking up to 20-30%. I have a window as large as to go almost wall to wall, look at my listing - it seems like is a room on a BASEMENT - that dark [a mobile photo wont do]

What has been your experience? Either on the host side scheduling with an AIRBNB Photographer, or being the AIRBNB Photographer working with the host?

Mine comes on Friday, up to now [via email] seems a complete pro, lovely guy and super correct; as per quality of work...that is what i'm waiting to see. However, in my case, anything will be a +, as 'he cant do worse than me' : )

Any responses are greatly appreciated!

Good Luck,

and welcome to our CC forum.

B

Bella16
Level 2
Gold Coast, Australia

Hi I'm in Australia and would like to become an Airbnb photographer currently do realestate photography. Can you guide me to where I can actually apply to become one of their photographers. I have searched everywhere and cannot find anything.

Thanks