Airbnb suspended and they canceled 2 reservations

Mike2815
Level 2
Kissimmee, FL

Airbnb suspended and they canceled 2 reservations

Trying to figure out why my listing is suspended and why Airbnb canceled two reservations. I am brand new to Airbnb as a host and only have positive experience and 4 reviews with 5 stars. 

airbnb just keeps telling me this has been escalated and wait. 

13 Replies 13
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mike2815 this happens regularly I am afraid. I fear there is little that can be done other than wait. The usual solution is that you have to promise not to do X again but Airbnb won't actually tell you what X is!

Its a pathetic situation but welcome to Airbnb land.

I didn’t do anything that’s the thing all guests have been positive experiences and no issues from guests. Real surprised how they canceled my guests that were to arrive this week. So far lost 2k

@Mike2815 my only experience with Customer Support is when they contacted me about one of our past guests apologising for how rude they had been. I told them repeatedly we had never had a guest with the name that they told me and that no guests had been rude to me. Eventually they went away.

My point is they clearly get confused with guests/hosts and do stupid things.

I wonder if someone like @Bhumika would be kind enough to nudge Customer Support for you but even the moderators here have little influence over the trust and safety department you will be tangled up with.

Would appreciate any help. I have not been rude to any guests. Still in shock how easy it is for Airbnb to cancel guests when they look down upon this. @Bhumika  can you please help me. There must be a big misunderstanding somewhere .

@Mike2815 you do need to consider listing with other sites as well as Airbnb so you don't have all your eggs in one basket.

I am on Vrbo too

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Mike2815 ,

I understand you are distressed about the situation. Let me nudge the concerned team about your issue from my side. Hope your query comes to a resolution.

Bhumika

Click start a conversation to ask the Airbnb Community! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Mike-And-Jane0 interesting...

I once had an Airbnb ambassador contact me telling me he was sorry my case was not resolved to my satisfaction and could I give him more details. I asked which case he was referring to as I didn't have any recent ones.

He then said he was not contacting me about a specific case. Could I give more details? I told him I couldn't, because I didn't know what he was referring to, and as he had mentioned a specific case in the first place, again, could he tell me what it was?

He said he was there to help me with anything, really...

It went back and forth like this a few times before I gave up on this conversation. I asked him if he could sort out an old issue with a super host voucher, which he did, but I still have no idea why he contacted me out of the blue.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Mike2815 

It's hard for any of us to give a reason why, we are just host like you,

One of the most annoying things for me is the lack of communication from airbnb Im sure there is a better way to do things rather than just shutting people down, 

Why dont they ask a questions first, It;s like you are guilty until you prove you are innocent.

This is what I do, I always print off the guest information as soon as I can and thats usually within the hour, then I add the guest details and phone number to a Whats app group then you can always contact them direct.

All you can do is get yourself listed on other sites as @Mike-And-Jane0 mentioned,

VRBO, BOOKING.COM, TRIPADVISOR and AGODA, 

Open another airbnb account in your partners name, using a different phone number and email,

Mike2815
Level 2
Kissimmee, FL

Updat: my account is now closed " account is closely associated with a person who isn’t allowed to use Airbnb" not sure who i am associatted with. I Lost all my reservations."

This is insane. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Catherine-Powell 

Here we have yet another case of a host that has been suspended, and now it turns out removed from the platform, without having any idea as to why and getting no answers from CS.

When is this going to stop? There must be a better way...

I got my account reinstated as they said this happened in "error" I still lost all 10 of my listings due to the bried suspension. No one has even apologies or given me any assurance this error would not happen again. The support team just tells me someone in the future will reach out...  Not a good experience for my first month as a host. I really appreciate the help from this group including @Hum0  and @Mike-And-Jane0 

@Catherine-Powell   I hope no one else expereinces this mess.

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

This is what happens with 'market places and automated platforms' Mike, when things go bad, a glitch or two - they end up worse. Not same issue as yours but same principle, I listed an item on ebay [expensive and rare] and since it did not sell in one auction, forgot about it and thought am gonna keep it.

Next thing you know, I have a guy 'at my door' months later, asking why I haven't MAILED IT - and as I used an old email for ebay and dont check it at all unless I list something I was not aware at all. Turns out ebay had listed and relisted my item 7-8 more times, without me asking, or doing anything [tick a box etc] Try contacting them...I can better find fictional Sherlock Holmes. [no phone, no email, etc] and if you are blocked or banned - you cant even reply inside the so called system.

For all good things Airbnb does [and profit hosts/ guest make] this remains its Achilles heel, automated system v humans, later on 'customer support' which can be good, maybe or not-so-good - has to face  complains and aftermath; we the hosts suffer from & have to bear with it... . At least you also have listings in another platform, that is a smart idea!