Calendar graphical aspect

Answered!

Calendar graphical aspect

I believe AIRBNB could improve the calendar graphics by a large margin. I see competing sites doing better.

The calendar functions well, but why is it only B/W when it could be in colors? Why are the Sundays on the left side - more classical to see them at the right side ? Why can you hardly make the difference between Available or Not ? Do we need such huge Day blocks when almost nothing is written on it?

Shouldn't we push Airbnb to devote some work on this to make it more intuitive?

Olivier Le Bon

Belgium

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Olivier1119 

The design of the listing calender is indeed not a jewel....

Although i never use it, as i use the multicalender ("professional tools" needed)

Some remarks:

If use airbnb.com, then it shows Sunday as first day of the week.

If you use Belgium (.be) Airbnb site, then it shows Monday as first day of the week.

If you choose "year view", then it shows a more "compressed" calender.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Olivier1119 

The design of the listing calender is indeed not a jewel....

Although i never use it, as i use the multicalender ("professional tools" needed)

Some remarks:

If use airbnb.com, then it shows Sunday as first day of the week.

If you use Belgium (.be) Airbnb site, then it shows Monday as first day of the week.

If you choose "year view", then it shows a more "compressed" calender.

Inderdaad, multicalendar works fine, then can be subdivided in individual calendars for each of your houses (I have two, hence it is practical). Then the Year view is definitely a plus.

Best,

Olivier

@Olivier1119  I pretty much only use multicalendar, and it's just a long linear thing. 
sadly my desk calendar has Sunday as the start of the week, SO annoying in hospo, but such is life. 

I only use the monthly when i want to add a special promo. so, not often!

If you change .be (or other national code) and switch to .com, you have Monday at the start

Olivier

@Olivier1119  nope, that didnt' work. and it's fine, i can live with it. We Aussies have to constantly adjust everything: the time zones, the SEASONS, the language, to match others, we are pretty resilient. Chesky wants to call it "the Winter Release" 
ok, sure, fine, whatevs 🙄🙄 I mean he could call it Q4 2022 to be properly inclusive, but he's not annoying any truly important markets? and we Aussies (and Kiwis) are amenable types, we just tolerate it (the Saffers have far bigger fish to worry about than being mis-seasoned). 

the only thing that I must be allowed is a giant SNORT every time they talk about being "inclusive". 

I have worked on Jet Lag, and lived in Chile, so I can imagine what you must feel. Like a female tenor in a choir, when told "all the men on this side of the room", etc. So, just to be sure that my message was clear enough:

Now seriously, I tried again. I have the large URL line

https://fr.airbnb.com/multicalendar/610550275678600141/year/2022/reservation/HMF5K9M59K?details=%5B%...

I cannot put it in Bold for you unfortunately. But you see the .com right after fr.airbnb. It used to be    fr.airbnb.be (Sunday on the left). As I put Com, the season should be inverted! Best, Olivier

About airbnb.be and .com, I had just the opposite: The Belgian one starts on the Sunday, whereas the international starts on Monday (which I prefer). Just change the ".be" by ".com" in the URL line, and don't change anything else.

When you select "year view," a more "compressed" calendar is displayed.

Indeed, it worked fine, once you get the multicalender. 

As I don't know how to go back to the normal calendar (not needed anyways), I cannot check anymore if the annual view is available there, too.

Thx