Calendar view - any tips?

Andrea5824
Level 1
Yellowknife, Canada

Calendar view - any tips?

My monthly calendar is very difficult to read because of the hash marks in each day cell (see photo). It’s awful.

22A78E96-BEAD-47C4-A097-AB8FABD8A77C.png

This recently changed automatically. I want the old view back. Anyone know how to do this? 

5 Replies 5
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

Why why why do programmers keep making these useless and frustrating changes?

PUT IT BACK PLEASE. 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Andrea5824 

I just wanted to let you know that I've clarified your post title and popped it over to the Hosting board, for more visibility. 😊

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Andrea5824 the hashed dates in my calendar are where I have blocked it for private bookings or when we are doing maintenance. It is actually quite good as it clearly shows when it is not available.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Andrea5824 

Andrea I have absolutely lost count of the number of ridiculous stupid changes that have happened over the years that have benefited nobody except the programmers who were paid to instrument them.

If you think this latest change is a backward step, look at the chasm of backward steps we have been subjected to over the past 4 years!

This used to be the message page when a reservation request/enquiry or alteration came to us......

same day cancellation.png

Every bit of information we needed for any discussion with a guest reservation or enquiry was there right in with the message stream.

1/......The booking details.

2/......The guests name , where they live.

3/......A profile photo of them and phone number and sanitised email.

4/.......Their rating history.

5/......A calendar that clearly showed open days, booked days, although none shown on that calendar blocked days, and days relating to that message stream

6/.......Your cancellation policy and cancellation penalties.

This was when the site was user friendly, you didn't have to keep jumping from one page to another, you could clearly identify the information you needed on that message stream page.

That was back in the days where we could easily and accurately follow our rating stats.....

Ratings july 2019.png 

Just click the relevant chevron and your history was displayed in each category. And back then after 50 category 5 star ratings, that category automatically defaulted back to 5 star. Airbnb worked with us and encouraged us. Some rational thought had actually been put into the site layout.....oh for those days to return!

We are light years behind where we were 4 years ago in usability. Every time another change creeps in I just shake my head and accept that my job has just got that little bit harder.

It may be an annoyance to you Andrea but, you don't realise just how user unfriendly the Airbnb site has become until you compare the present with what we used to have in days gone by!

Cheers.......Rob

Siew38
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

was wondering the same. 

thanks for bringing it up!

hoping programmer to wake up....one day...