Critique my listing - Kevin in San Jose,Costa Rica”.

Kevin2596
Level 2
San José, Costa Rica

Critique my listing - Kevin in San Jose,Costa Rica”.

Hello, I would like to improve my listing.   It has been booked a few times but would like to see it booked more often.

https://www.airbnb.com/h/luxury-condo-san-jose-costa-rica-bambu-eco-d1204

   

9DD6720A-3DFE-4355-ADA9-A9429B3EF190.jpeg

4 Replies 4
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Perhaps @Huma0 & @Sudsrung0 might be able to share some advice? 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kevin2596 

Nice listing. Everything looks spacious, clean and well equipped and there are lots of amenities to please holiday makers.

Here are a few suggestions where you might improve the listing:

Photos

- 52 photos is a lot! I see there are quite a few areas to show but I still think you could edit the selection down a bit by taking out any that are repetitive. At the same time, I don't think you have photos of the balcony or the gym.

- The order of your photos is important, the first image especially, as this will show in the search results. Here you have used a montage, which I understand, but remember that in the search results, the image will show much smaller until someone clicks on it, so it will be hard to 'read' like that. It's better to use one image and pick the one that is most 'wow' or enticing and one in landscape (horizontal) format to fit the Airbnb layout.

- Likewise, the next four photos are also really important as those are the ones that show on the landing page. Make sure you use the best ones. I don't think the utility room image should go here. I would instead choose the kitchen/diner area, pool, living room with TV, the view and maybe the roof top area.

- In your first image (living room) is there a reason the curtains are closed on one side? I would retake the photo with them open to let in as much natural light as possible, and turn off the overhead lights which are creating glare and throwing a yellowish tinge on that side of the room. This looks like it could be a nice, bright room, so show that off! Likewise, turn off the lamp in the bedroom and retake the photos on a nice bright day using natural light.

- Some of your photos have captions and others not. Perhaps some don't need explanation, but what is the lobby type area in the second to last one? Maybe clarify.

I notice that the four reviews you have so far are very nice and you have a 5.0* rating for cleanliness, communication and check in, so that's excellent. But, your overall rating of 4.5* is not actually that great compared to many other listings. On Airbnb, anything below 4.7* is supposedly a fail! Ideally, you want to push your rating above that.

I see that it's a bit lower at 4.8 for accuracy and I wonder why, as your listing is quite clear and detailed with all the amenities listed. Value is only 4.5. Have you checked the prices of your competitors? Are you sure your pricing is competitive? The lowest rating is for location at 3.8* which is really getting rather low. Do you know why? Have guests given you private feedback as to why they were not so pleased with the location? Is there something you have failed to explain about it on the listing?

I know that location is a tricky rating because of course the guests have every opportunity to research it and it is their choice after all, but when it drops below 4*, it means there is a problem (unless it was just one guest who rated you very low on that and the others didn't).

I hope that is some help.

thanks a lot. I will review all you has remarked. 

Patti-And-Marty0
Level 10
East Fremantle, Australia

Hi @Kevin2596 

Your place looks great, the glimpse of the views through the window in the dining room are beautiful, maybe show off that view more?

I personally would not allow sleeping on the couch. It looks to be a beautiful velvet? That will get ruined and I think sleeping on a couch sends the wrong message. Also 4 chairs at the table and seating for 4 in the living room serves 4 guests max.

A couple of other thoughts... Bedside tables with lamps should be added if at all possible. The photo of the desk with the bed beside it, which room is that? 

I'm intrigued by the concierge service you mention, below and maybe if you explain it more and add it to your main description that could be another selling point.

During your stay
With this listing you will enjoy of free professional concierce service that will do everything they can to ensure your stay experience is excellent

Good luck and nice job so far, always be open to improvement and ideas and you will be successful.