Double listing? House and rooms for rent?

Christopher1534
Level 1
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada

Double listing? House and rooms for rent?

My husband and I live in a four season location. In the winter things tend to slow down a bit. I have been wondering whether double listing our place, one a the whole house and the other for rooms for rent, would be a wise thing to do in order to cobtinue being fully booked. Thoughts? Suggestions?

If anyone is familiar, how did you navigate two listings? Tips?

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Christopher1534 if you do not live in th e'house with rooms to rent' then you are opening yourself up to complaints from people who have differing cleanliness standards in say the bathroom or kitchen. An alternative is to lock off bedrooms and make it a smaller listing for low season.

Appreciate the advice!

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Christopher1534 
Yes, that's doable.
At "pricing and availability," you will find "linked Airbnb calendars."
You can link the whole house to the rooms
If the whole house is booked, the rooms will not be available.
If a room is booked, the whole house is not available.

I do that with two adjacent villas. Sometimes guests need more space than one villa can offer.
I now offer them as a combination or individual.
If the combination is booked, the two villas are not individually bookable.
If one villa is booked, the other villa can still be booked, but not the combination.

Great information! Thanks!

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Christopher1534 

You can have any combination you want,

I did it with a 3 bedroom pool villa, one of the bedrooms was on the ground floor and we could lock it up so I had 2 listings 3 bedroom and a 2 bedroom

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Christopher1534 

yes we do this on 2 listings, both are 3 bedrooms but we find it hard to rent it out at the "full" price for 6pax, so we offer a 1-room only option as we have a lot of couples who stay. the calendars are linked so you don't get double booked.