Host referral programme

Host referral programme

Does anyone have any advice on how to tackle this with Airbnb? 

So I was referred in and had a valid booking but neither the host or I have received the promised referral bonus! We have both asked Airbnb several times but all they say is they have the right to withdraw the offer for no reason. They told me today that the referral program is currently suspended yet the ‘invite a host’ is still showing on the account. Expected better of Airbnb! 

11 Replies 11
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Andrea5855 

The Guest referral program has ended.

https://www.airbnb.com/invite

Not sure about the host referral program, links still shows on an account:

https://www.airbnb.com/refer

(replace ".com" with the local Airbnb website you are logged in)

It was the host referral program that was used, and that still shows on our platforms today but Airbnb say that is suspended as well, despite allowing the invites to be sent out! So basically they offer it out but then don’t pay out as promised! 

same position as you, id like to help each other to get our bonus!

So I was referred in and had a valid booking but neither the host or I have received the promised referral bonus! We have both asked Airbnb several times but all they say is they have the right to withdraw the offer for no reason. They told me today that the referral program is currently suspended yet the ‘invite a host’ is still showing on the account. Expected better of Airbnb! 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Wissem5
Level 1
Voorhout, Netherlands

Program is still active on my account and they still provide bonus for referral. but they never payed my bonus. If they want to end it, they have to stop/hide it from our accounts. 

@Wissem5 

They wont stop it they want idiots like me and you to keep promoting airbnb and not pay out any bonuses 

how can we help each other to get our money ?? i already sent a complaint email to them.

@Andrea5855 

That was definitely not a fair referral program, I looked today and for us here in Thailand has gone back to travel credits which is a waste of time.

Before we only got $25 where as in America got up to $700 where is the incentive in that? 

Hi, im in the same situation. I have referred someone, satisfied all the conditions, and still no payment since two months. Im pretty sure we will get ur bonus if we reach the right person in Airbnb, As im pretty sure they dont want to damage their market reputation. Airbnb help was not really helpful and they gave me no information at all, Im trying to get my case one level up, so trying to make an official complaint....

I have had that happen to me - after referring to a friend when she clicked on my referral link it had sent her to an Airbnb ambassador instead.  A random person outside our state. An automatic message was generated “hi I’m an Airbnb ambassador and I’m here to help you setup your listing”   We disregarded it and continued the listing. 
turn out - that airbnb ambassador received my referral bonus, after I did all the work (listing description, house manual, pictures and so on) 

id suggest to ask your friend if she clicking on that link it takes them to your profile - or some other page.