How do I get my beach front property to come up in the beachfront filter search?

Sue2074
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

How do I get my beach front property to come up in the beachfront filter search?

Hi new to Airbnb. How do I get my beachfront property to come up in the beachfront filter search- Have been asking Airbnb Support for answers but no one has yet been able to advise. Have selected 'waterfront' on amenities but there is no 'beachfront' on the amenities check list and my property is not coming up when I add beachfront to a filter search. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sue2074 

Your listing does indeed not show up when filtered on "beachfront". The amenity beachfront does also not excists, but there is an amenity "beach access", which you can select anyway.

The new categories also have a "beachfront" categorie, but it is assigned by Airbnb (so not by the host). I will (try to) check if your listing is listed under this categorie.

Please note your listing shows limited availability: only minimal 10 nights in the second half of december 2022. It also means the listing will not show up with Airbnb's default settings "flexible, 1 week" !

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Your listing is not assigned to categorie "beachfront". But some other listings in same area are assigned to this categorie, as you can see:

Emiel1_1-1669670445472.png

Sue2074
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks so much for your kind reply- We have added beach access but it still hasn't made us beachfront?? We have only that two-week window to offer our beach place and only want one longer booking over Christmas. Thanks 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Sue2074 

Im sure it's a great location, if I can say one thing you need to take a look at your photo's you need better photo's not with your phone, for me there is to many outside and not enough of the property and inside.

I also looked at your rates here it is showing 755 USD per night, is that correct?

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

Welcome!

Are you referring to the beachfront filter, or the Beachfront Category? 

As @Emiel1  said, there is not that much you can do to to influence which Categories Airbnb will put you in. You can add as many photos as you like as proof of a beachfront location, and write ”beachfront” and the distance to the beach everywhere in your listing. And you can contact Airbnb and ask why your next door neighbor is considered to be Beachfront, but not you, even if you are closer to the beach. And you can ask about the exact criteria for Beachfront (you will likely not get an answer…).  You still might not make it into that Category.

Do I sound bitter? 😉 I speak from experience, but have given up. I don’t really think the Categories are used much when guests search, anyway, since they don’t work very well in searches.

Good luck with your hosting! 

I have 5 listings for the same beachfront property and only one listing makes it through the beachfront filter.