How to ask for listing critique on the Community Center

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How to ask for listing critique on the Community Center

Stephanie_0-1628688524539.png

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the "Ask about your listing" board – I hope you’ve been finding lots of useful information, insights and advice from our community. One of the amazing things about this space is that those starting out on their Hosting journey can get a keen eye on their listing to work out those little niggles and considerations they may not have thought of just yet. We’re more than happy for you to share your listing for this purpose - here’s a guide on how you can do it in a way that makes it easier for your community to find and offer critique:

• Start a conversation to create a topic.
  • Name your topic “Critique my listing - (your name and where you’re from)” for example “Critique my listing - Stephanie in London, UK”.
  • Include your favourite listing picture in the post. This makes the topic stand out more, gives viewers a sense of the type of listing you offer and means your Community Management team can more easily highlight it to the rest of the community.
  • Share something about what your trouble might be at this point in your journey. This might be a lack of bookings, missing house rules, or even your custom URL.
  • Finally, post a link to your listing and add the tag on the thread “listing feedback” and anything else you think is suitable, like the example below:

Stephanie_1-1628688520380.png

You can always ask any of your Community Management team myself, Quincy, Bhumika, Jenny, Breanna and Paula if you need help. And you can share a link to your Critique my listing topic in the comments section below too!

What’s your biggest worry with your listing at this point in your journey that you want help with?

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

172 Replies 172
Monica1958
Level 2
Franklin, TN

Critique my listing - Monica, Franklin TN, US

https://airbnb.com/h/happyyellowdoorhouse

New - second guest moving in today for 31 days.  I'm a long term rental only.  No issues so far, but just want to ensure I'm doing my best.  Thanks!   

eef7dffd-09e5-4d7c-8156-fd6b64787adb.jpg

Cute place. I'd re-do the bathroom pix with the toilet lids closed. One question though (especially since I also rent with 30-day minimum): Why do you do a monthly discount? Since there's only monthly available, shouldn't the price just be the price? Just curious...

Michele

@Michele-and-Gerry0 

My usual minimum stay is 28 days, but I still find that many potential guests do not realise I mostly host long term. They put their dates in the search and available listings come up so they don't necessarily know that's your minimum.

Many of them are going to ask for an additional discount, "seeing as I'll be staying so long," and it's very useful to be able to reply, "There is already a 15% discount automatically applied for long term stays. Sorry, I can't reduce the price any further."

@Monica1958  I love your listing, I would maybe use all white bedsheets for the photos. I was reading an article on how it attracts more guests.  

Brian2153
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Please critique my listing!  ... Bright, VIC, Australia ... Wow, having stayed in many AirBNBs around the world, I thought this would be easy, but it's not.

https://airbnb.com/h/avalonmist

Bright is a beautiful town nestled at the foot of the Victorian Alps well known for its outdoor activities, especially cycling, MTB and Trail Running. It has small festivals/events running most weekends and is very popular during school holiday periods. Listed a few weeks ago and we have bookings thru to end-Jan almost immediately (summer school hols) , but then nothing else. Is that normal, especially in these COVID times?

View over BrightView over Bright

@Brian2153  Hello there have you tried requesting some professional photography from Airbnb? It makes your space look brighter and verified.

Critique my listing, Brynn, Wallkill, NY, USA.

20210407_184356.jpg

Am I missing any important information? Providing too much information? Are there any house rules I should add for protection?

https://abnb.me/tCt18x4lKlb

Thanks in advance!

Brynn

@Brynn16  What a gorgeous cover photo! 

Your listing looks wonderful. 

A few things- retake the photos that elongate and distort the size and shape of the spaces. Take normal photos. 

Do you live in a separate dwellling on the property? If so, you should make that clear. 

And I realize that you may not be able to change the heating system, but guests using a wood stove to heat the 240 year old wooden house, that would go up like a matchstick in a fire, sounds risky. Most guests are clueless about heating with wood, building a fire, or fire safety. 

I hope you have good short term rental insurance. Do not for a moment expect to be covered for damages by Airbnb.

Love-Wood0
Level 2
Holmfirth, United Kingdom

Hi please would anyone take a look. Ive been live one month. My images are changing as proffesional ones are coming.Screenshot_20211212-230816_Gallery.jpg

https://abnb.me/ATbkk2JhWlb

@Love-Wood0  Your place is stunning and so unique. Your photos are great- I don't think you need "professional" ones, which may not be as good as yours. (Beware of professional photos which try to get an entire room in a  photo, elongating and distorting the size and shape). 

The jewel-like colors are fantastic. Usually indoor shots with indoor lighting look too dark, but yours just look magical.

Your description is also well done. I would be very enticed to book your place.

Not much to critique here. 

Love-Wood0
Level 2

oh wow really. Thank you soooo much X

I am looking forward to seeing your new images. The house looks great

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Love-Wood0 it's utterly perfect

Love-Wood0
Level 2

Thank you 

Amy2069
Level 2
Ithaca, NY

Critique my listing - Entire House in Summerton, SC https://airbnb.com/h/adorable-lake-marion-getaway

Amy2069_1-1639492966561.jpeg

I am slowly getting reservations. And I know it's a slower time right now. I just wonder if there is anything else that I can state or improve upon to attract guests.