How to change the listing Admin

Aarón2
Level 3
Panajachel, Guatemala

How to change the listing Admin

Hello, I want to change the listing admin, without disturbing the properties or bookings already in the account. What is the procedure?  Thank you.

100 Replies 100

@Sonia592 if the owners are outside of the country there may be additional financial/tax considerations to work through, since Airbnb no longer supports payments directly to co-hosts.

Yes i did see that, we’re looking into alternative payment methods, thanks Lisa

Rachael10
Level 2
Portland, OR

*sigh*   I just came across this thread while on hold with SuperHost Customer Service trying to get to the bottom of this very issue. So there's no way to change the Listing Admin and Airbnb doesn't care enough about all the different scenarios in which this would be an important feature to implement (even if it required the current Listing Admin submitting a request, having that request verified by Airbnb, and then Airbnb implementing the change on their end). What a bummer - to say the least. I filed a Feedback Form, but I'm not sure that will get anywhere. Keep pushing for change, fellow hosts!

Or Solution B (which would work in my specific scenario) - add a second Listing Admin if they can't change it altogether. Both accounts would be linked to the listing equally. 

This is the first time I have read anything about a second listing admin.  What is this?!  

Has anyone figured out how to maintain status of listing and change admin and host? We are owners, this was dropped in our lap, and we can't get answers anywhere. Very frustrating and confusing! Please help. (notice we haven't been able to get picture to name right!)

So the original post for this thread was in August 2016.  It's now April 2019 and the problem still exists and it seems as though Airbnb is not willing to make any change on this issue.  I have the same problem, one listing by my partner and one by me and after a very very very frustrating phone call with Airbnb the only advice they could give was to delist and relist again, loosing you history, reviews and any current bookings.  THIS IS A JOKE and a serious flaw in the Airbnb model.

Wudi3
Level 2
Rockingham, Australia

It's now nearly 2023 & we still can't transfer Listing Admin to Co Host! I was mortified today when Airbnb Support told me I would need to deactivate account & set it up again under the homeowners name.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Wudi3The year is irrelevant as the technology is very simple. Sadly Airbnb doesn't allow it as they claim the ratings apply to the individual and not the property.

This argument may be fair for private rooms in a shared house but makes less sense for whole home listings especially when they are listed by Cottages.com who have thousands of privately run listings in the UK.

Albert239
Level 2
Biot, France

Same issue here. We are renting just one property as a family, so me, my wife and my two sons are hosts. One of my sons created the listing, so he is the listing admin, while the rest of us are co-hosts, and I am the "primary" host.

No problems sofar - except that I'm unable to see anything about the state and progress of our rental (the URL https://www.airbnb.com/progress/ returns no information: no reviews, no earnings, ...).

All we need is for a way for my son to hand over admin rights to me so I can monitor progress.

Alternatively, make it possible for any co-host (or just the "primary" co-host) to view the progress.

Raphael135
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

Hello everyone,

I'm just facing the same isssue. In short, I want to change the admin for over 30 listings. I also want to avoid the annoying work of delisting, calendar blocking, losing over 4000 reviews etc. 

Like someone stated before, there is only one easy solution right now. Changing the Email, Name, Payout, verified ID. These options are viable to change and I don't see a problem with that. The original Admin ID stays the same, just different variables. 

So if you have access to the Admin Account of the listing, you can just take over this Account. Why would Airbnb leave these options open to change if they don't want too? As it seems, only the birthday is blocked to change.

PS: To be save I will contact Airbnb regarding this matter. What if the Admin dies, legally uncapable of continuing? 

The question we all should ask: Is it possible (legally permitted) to take over the Admin ID ?!

And did you find out the answer to this?! It’s 2021 and I’m dealing with this  problem of wanting to change listing admin from myself BACK to the homeowner.

Heather758
Level 1
Santa Cruz, CA

HI All - I'm relatively new to airbnb hosting but this issue just came up with me. I am really hoping to become the listing admin for the house that I own. The current listing admin has asked to transfer roles and we do not want to look the current bookings and past reviews - this should be possible! Plus, I need the payout information to pay the taxes, etc. and cannot see it as a co-host. Please AirBnB help! 

Damien107
Level 2
Argostolion, Greece

More than 3 years and the problem still exists. That too bad for such a great company. It has to be fixed! You can grey out the reviews or just do something and a new admin can take over. There so many people asking this and I think it's Vital!

Misty29
Level 1
Bakersfield, CA

Still no fix?  Airbnb?  Bueller? Bueller?...