How to change the listing Admin

Aarón2
Level 3
Panajachel, Guatemala

How to change the listing Admin

Hello, I want to change the listing admin, without disturbing the properties or bookings already in the account. What is the procedure?  Thank you.

100 Replies 100

need to block days for personal use?    how do I do this?

you must block the days on your calendar and ready

What do you mean the Listing Admin?  You mean the host?  The person who is supposed to be renting the room and showing guests the property?  

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/970/can-i-use-a-host-management-service

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1244/how-can-i-add-an-additional-host

Lindi1
Level 1
Potchefstroom, South Africa

How do you make changes on your profile e.g. price changes, adding or removing rooms.  How do you get into your own profile to make changes?

Manos2
Level 1
Rethimno, Greece

Hi Aaron, 

Unfortunately I cannot see whether you had any replied to your inquiry, and I am having the same problem. Can you please help?

Many thanks in advance!

Manos

Kerrie9
Level 3
Forestville, Australia

Hi 

I am having the same problem. I created a listing, so I am the "listing admin", however I am now passing the listing over to another person. I have added them as a co-host, however I would also like them to have control as "listing admin". Does anyone know how to do this??

I also want to know how to do this.

Jason177
Level 1
Scotland, United Kingdom

did you get a solution for this, as i have the same problem

thanks

jason

Trudy10
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Can anyone please help with this one, I want my primary host to make reviews etc. Suspect you have to close your account then open it in co-hosts name!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Trudy10 you don't need to do anything. Your co-host can do guest reviews.

Have  a look at the Airbnb help section and search for co-host - terms of service to see what a co-host can do.

Julia264
Level 3
São Paulo, Brazil

I have the same problem!

I am the owner of the property I rent but when I decided to add it on Airbnb, my friend helped me creating my listing. So he ended up being the Listing Admin of this property. But know he is not involved anymore and Im just the Primary Host.
But as Primary Host, I cant become a super host.
How can I change from Primary Host to Listing Admin? 

Jason177
Level 1
Scotland, United Kingdom

I am still stuck with this problem and Air B & B are most unhelpful. it
seems that unless its on their FAQ questions then there is no support or
help. Very poor.
It seems very strange that such a popular and highly popular  business has
no provision for moving established listings to new owners.
For example a successful business could have 3 years of positive reviews
and many bookings and if its sold the new owner would have to start all over again
with a new listing?

can anyone help?

Jason

I am currently on the phone with Airbnb San Francisco main office and they are absolutely dumbfounded by this problem. The only option the technician on the phone suggested is that I cancel my account, which will in effect cancel all the reservations on the property. This is ridiculous!!! 

He said no one has brought up this issue to them, regardless of the many questions asked on here already!!! Am requesting to speak to someone up.

I have the same problem.  I am the owner of a property that I rent.  I used a Property Manager to set up the Airbnb account and I am set up as a co-host.  Consequently all payments go to the property manager and I cannot even see the host invoices or VAT invoices.

This is most annoying further it appears that there is no means to preserve the hard earned reviews and one has to start from scratch all over again.  

I received this feedback from the Customer Experience Team.

Quote:

I’m from the Customer Experience Team. Please allow me to address your concern. I can see that your property is being hosted by Charlene. Since the listing is in her account, removing Charlene from the property will mean the termination of the listing along with its reviews. What you can do is have Charlene un-list the property and establish a new listing under your name as the primary host and garner new positive reviews.

Here is a helpful link you can send Charlene regarding deactivating a listing: 
https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/476/how-do-i-snooze-or-deactivate-my-listing

Although we won't be able to get an immediate modification to the system to retain the reviews for your property on the website, I will forward this concern as a feedback to the right team. We truly value your insight regarding how to make our website and system more user friendly, after all we're both Airbnb users and if this pushes through, a lot of hosts will benefit from your inquiry along with millions of other hosts. I appreciate your patience and Thank you for remaining so positive. 

Unquote

We need to see more positive response and action from Airbnb to resolve this critical flaw in the system.