I have a guest staying but want to close my account

Taff0
Level 1
Israel

I have a guest staying but want to close my account

How do I cancel my airbnb account. Even though I have a guest staying.

Is it possible to piss of air bnb so they do the work for me.

The guest is great I am just pissed at airbnb. BTW the guest is booked in for 6 months starting on the 8th but I don't care about the money. 

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Taff0 what on earth has Airbnb done to upset you?

The answer to your question is easy - Just delete your listing and cancel all bookings. You will be fined by Airbnb and your guest will end up homeless.

can i delete the listing but still complete the booking i have scheduled? dont worry i was not going to leave my guest in the lurch. 

i am so fed up with airbnbs policy of the guest first, my policy is to move on from air bnb i get less stress from the other platforms i use. i could go into a longe littany of whats wronge but its late at night and i want to watch the rugby. 

thanks

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Taff0 If you snooze the listing it shouldn't affect your current bookings

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Taff, snooze until the 8-th, after the guest comes you can Unlist it and leave it there as one day you might change your mind. Or even delete it. Remember, snooze = for a set period of time, delete/deactivate is forever. But make sure to know how payment comes to you; usually is monthly and if you QUIT, you might end out of pocket/ guy must pay you directly or leave the house etc... 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Taff0 

Airbnb collects payment for long term stays monthly and pays the host monthly. So, if you intend to honour this stay and receive the payments via Airbnb, snooze the listing (or go to the calendar and block the dates) rather than delete it.

Or, if you are determined to delete the listing, you will need to figure out a way for the guest to pay you direct and be sure you trust them to do so.

Do not cancel the stay from your end as you will be fined and that will probably be quite hefty given it's such a long stay. If the guest cancels, they will also lose the payment for the first month as per the long term cancellation policy. So, if you want to take this off the Airbnb platform, and trust the guest to pay you, you need to do an alteration request to bring forward the check out date. Make sure that you receive the payment from Airbnb for the amount the guest is not due back. Then you can delete the listing.

However, it does seem much easier to snooze it. I don't know if that effects current bookings or not though as I've never tried it.