Pause or deactivate to preserve boosting time

George83
Level 2
Asheville, NC

Pause or deactivate to preserve boosting time

I set up my account recently but am not yet ready to rent as renovations are incomplete.

I heard new listings are boosted for three months; is this true?

So how to pause or deactivate (without losing all the data), and hopefully, when I restart it, I'll be boosted the remaining time, or does the clock not stop?

When I went to deactivate it, it makes it appear as if it will be permanent; I didn't see a temporary way to deactivate it.  

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

You can snooze or unlist, and continue later

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/476

BTW

You have no active listing at the moment.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@George83 

I am not totally sure, but I don't think you will get the 'remaining time' back after snoozing or deactivating your listing, as it won't be a new listing any longer, but maybe someone will correct me. I've not tried it myself.

What I would suggest, to be safe is to snooze/deactivate and then, when you are ready to go live, duplicate the listing and post the duplicate. That should, I believe, make the system treat it as a new listing.

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Huma0 wrote:

What I would suggest, to be safe is to snooze/deactivate and then, when you are ready to go live, duplicate the listing and post the duplicate. That should, I believe, make the system treat it as a new listing.

+1 to this, but you just have to check things like cancellation policy, IB and maybe smart pricing as they default to things that ABB wants you to do, not what's best for you. Also they put an automatic 20% discount on your first 3 bookings. 

Thank you