Piano filter

Marc3
Level 10
Santana de Parnaíba, Brazil

Piano filter

It would be amazing to have a filter that would only show listings that have a piano available for the guests. I'm sure other fellow pianists who love to travel would agree!

35 Replies 35

We wanted to publish a features on airbnb properties that had pianos, and approached the company to see if they had a list. Unfortunately they were unable to help, so we are trying to compile our own register, which we will publish.

If you have any such information, and you'd be happy to share it - we'd be most grateful.  

david@worldpianonews.com  

www.worldpianonews.com

Miguel280
Level 1
Cambridge, MA

Would love to see a list of places with pianos!

Panpan0
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

I would also love to have a piano filter on Airbnb. It is very very important if you are even an amateur piano. I would book an Airbnb just because it has a piano. 

Joan161
Level 1
New York, NY

I found this thread while searching for a place with a piano and am hoping you'll post a list. 

Neil6
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

Asher8
Level 1
New York, NY

I do have a baby grand piano. I have found guests that come to the city to present a piano recital and they have been super happy to find out I had a piano and that they were allowed to rehearse. Also hosted many guests who have a piano at home and know how to play, they felt very happy to be able to stay at a home where they can play piano.
Robert717
Level 2
Paris, France

I second this idea: it would be extremely helpful to have a "piano" checkbox (or alternatively, a keyword search).

I hope it'll happen at some point.

Marie-Andree0
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

I also would rent a place just because there is a piano, where ever it is, it would become the destination!

Have just been searching for the same! Piano locations in the UK if anyone has them!

Karl72
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Yes, it seems extraordinary that we can’t make specific searches. Am trying desperately to find a place by the sea in Italy, preferably Sicily, this summer as my boyfriend wants to make use of his time off from his day job to work on his music, but it seems fruitless. I have come across one possibility simply by pretty much looking at every photo in almost all the first 300 locations that showed up in a general search - half of which weren’t even particularly near the sea, as it turned out. Cross referencing with Google is pointless as here are so many places in Italy with ‘Piano’ in the name and it’s also the word for the floor of a building, so... yes, please, Airbnb, make this easier. Or, you know, just possible. 

I totally agree!  Would love to know if there's a piano anywhere, right now searching in Gimli Manitoba. And why would the site get rid of keyword searches?

Pirmin1
Level 1
Stuttgart, Germany

Hi guys, I'm also searching for a flat with a piano. We will travel by car from the south of France to Barcelona. Do you have any advices? I would be glad...

Alon20
Level 2
Dianella, Australia

Same here, looking for a place with piano (upright or even weighted keys digital is fine) in Paris Rome Berlin or Barcelona for October/November 2018.

Any ideas..?

Motoko3
Level 2
Oakland, CA

Hello all, it looks like now we have a grand piano filter - but I’m not quite sure why airBnB chose the filter just for a “grand piano” since most of the listings are more expensive side therefor unpractical for working artists.

For a traveling musicians we really need more varieties in terms of prices and locations.  And for a pianist, yes it is nice to have a grand piano but often it’s about keeping our fingers moving while traveling (we are like athletes- need to maintain it daily).  And for most of musicians they may just need a keyboard to flash out ideas and/or try out something here and there, so it’s really not practical to have just a “grand piano” filter. It’s more useful to include all kind of pianos, uprights, electric keyboard and grands, so we can chose based on the location, price and what we need for.

As a big user of airBnB, I’m quite disappointed and dissatisfied about this filter. I don’t know why airBnB must make it so difficult for working artists to search something quite simple like this. Instead I must go through all the lists and all the photos looking for pianos.  

Will airBnB be more considerate and  take this matter seriously to really help the working artists ?? 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Motoko3 ,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and concerns about this particular filter. Please feel free to relay your thoughts to the Airbnb team directly by filling in the Feedback Form.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines