Problems with Yale Assure Lock 2 Airbnb/Yale integration and automation

Tanner49
Level 2
Houston, TX

Problems with Yale Assure Lock 2 Airbnb/Yale integration and automation

Ive been using 3 August Wifi smart locks at my Airbnb property for about a year. Two of those locks are paired with August Smart Keypads.

I use the "Works With" Airbnb feature on the Yale Access App to automate the process of giving new guests access to my locks. The integration has worked fine and succesfully sends new entry codes for the two Smart Keypads and also provides app access for all 3 of the locks on the property. 

I recently replaced one of the August Wifi locks with a Yale Assure 2 lock (with built in keypad). I connected the lock to the "Works With" Airbnb feature in the Yale Access app but new guests are not recieving a code for it when making new reservations. A code is only sent for the August Smart Keypad. 

Does anyone know if the Yale "Works With" Airbnb feature supports automated entry code generation for the Yale Assure Lock 2? 

Thanks,

Tanner

13 Replies 13
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Tanner49

Have you managed to find enough information on this lock in the end, or do you need more help?

I believe @Drew2062 @Sami459 @Amanda1868 and @Joel71, amongst others, have mentioned in the past using Yale locks They might have some tips for you?

Let us know how you get on please 🙂

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

I gave up on Airbnb’s “works with” August interface. It needs a ton of improvement to be practical. I just handle all the codes manually now. Hopefully AirBnb makes some improvements and communicates them to the community. 

This is very frustrating. Yale is no help. I have spent a lot of money buying three of these locks. Sends information to download the app for new guest at time of registration they book my unit. But it does not generate a code. I have the touch pad. It does not send or create a code. My brother has the same lock with the keypad. It does generate a code. This is useless.  It is the same exact lock with just a different face. Yale needs to fix it. I have repeatedly called and they have no answer. I am very frustrated. I can not take the locks off and return them without a replacement lock. And that is what they want from me.  They need to just send me new locks that work. This is ridiculous. I am very patient. But this is stupid. Don’t make promises you can’t keep 

I’m surprised to hear your brother had success with the physical keypad -Yale assure lock 2. I never got mine to work. Plus, Airbnb’s built in automation is clunky and doesn’t allow you to customize. Fairly useless to in my opinion. You might try using a paid 3rd party integration app like “Turno”. They charge a monthly fee plus a fee for each code generated but it’s far superior to the limited functionality of Airbnb’s disappointing effort to automate code generation. 

Well it’s actually been working well  other than not generating a code. So I just talked to August and they are telling me it’s in the keypad setting. You can only access the keypad setting with blue tooth. And that sucks because I’m 1400 miles away from the locks.  How close are you to your locks ?  I’m wondering if you could check it out. Because yes. My brothers works great.   I just would like it to generate codes. That way I don’t have too 

@Tanner49 Have you been able to rectify this problem? We have just installed new Vale locks and I just started the integration process with Airbnb through August home, when seeing all these comments! Please let me know if you found this to be a workable solution or if you did something else!

Thanks!

@Brianne46 I stopped using Airbnb’s smart lock integration years ago because it never worked to my satisfaction. They are apparently upgrading this feature in the “Winter 2023 Release” of the platform so I’ll probably give it another try once that feature is released. The details in the winter 2023 release state:

Smart lock integration:

Easily connect your Airbnb account with compatible smart locks to generate unique door codes for guests. Coming soon for listings in the US and Canada.”

How will this feature work?

when you connect a compatible smart lock to your Airbnb account will automatically share a unique door code with each guest. Guests will have access to your

When can I connect my smart lock?

Support for compatible smart lock brands and models will start rolling out soon. Smart lock integration will be available for listings in the US and Canada only.

I did read your previous posts! This is all after we installed the locks to begin with.  Probably would have went with something else if I had known! Thanks for the response, I'm thinking to just send a guest code manually until updates 2023 happens and go from there, see if that fixes the problem areas

Hi @Tanner49 

Maybe the new release software for smart locks that is supposed to rollout is what is causing the problem? Yale would have to do some software changes on their end I presume to handle the new proposed integration with Airbnb, but I have never had good success trying to get their CS to be respond.

Lou3553
Level 2
New Jersey, United States

Tanner, 

Did you ever by chance figure out this problem? I'm having the same issue. 

No,  I gave up and started using a paid 3rd party integration app that automatically assigns codes and durations when guests make reservations. 

No, I gave up and stop trying because the integration offered by Airbnb in Yale does not seem to work. 

Ivan2229
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Im also having issues with this lock, all was fine until a firmware update! just a few days ago... is this still an issue?