Taxes in Dalls City TX

Kim-And-Kal0
Level 1
Dallas, TX

Taxes in Dalls City TX

Hi,

How do you collect taxes in Dallas TX listings? Dallas city does not have any contract with airbnb to collect taxes on their behalf. If I do custom tax in my listing to include city tax, do I need to add state tax too?

TIA

4 Replies 4
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Kim-And-Kal0 ! As this is a global Community Center, I'd recommend asking your question in one of the Host Clubs as well. They're a great way to get in touch with local Hosts. 😃

You can find the Host Clubs on the map here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Local-Host-Clubs/ct-p/en_clubs

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Kim-And-Kal0  The custom tax setting is meant to be in addition to what AirBnB has already listed as taxes that they are collecting and disbursing on your behalf.  

The custom setting will drop off airbnbs state occupancy collection. It does not collect both city and state. It would be the host obligation to configure custom to collect the city hotel tax, and then submit the collected state tax. It seems to me airbnb either being very clear that they don't want you to collect city taxes, otherwise the would provide the option to continue to collect state taxes, while you collect city tax. 

Hello TIA, 

Did you ever find out the answer to the Tax question? I am from Dallas and would like to know, I am knew here and not sure what to do with the tax portion.

Thanks, 

Rebecca