new forum feature, notified of every comment

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

new forum feature, notified of every comment

So this new feature is interesting, and has resulted in me having over 100 emails last night due to being automatically subscribed and notified of every thread I've participated in. The default is to notify me. I turned that off, and then saw this:

abbnever.jpg

So when it comes to notifying me of changes made to Knowledge Articles, the default is to NEVER tell me. 
🤪 

3 Replies 3
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

likewise, why is the default number of pets allowed set to 5????

surely it would be wiser to set the default the 1 pet?

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 3.48.02 pm.png
some of these default settings are very ANTI-HOST!

and if there's a counter for number of pets allowed, why isn't there a way to charge per pet, per night, like we charge for guests? the way it defaults, someone could bring 5 dogs here for a month and only pay $50 extra for that. I don't do such long stays but that system is anti-host.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Gillian166 The "knowledge base articles" you see in Settings on the CC are not the Resource Center or Help Center articles. They instead refer to a different type of post you can create on the CC. The setting has always been there but as it's a feature we don't use, we're looking to have the setting removed soon.

Did you find how to turn off the notification emails? If not, let me know and I'll be happy to guide you. 😃

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

curious why this hasn’t been done as part of this upgrade. 
i found the toggle but it hasn’t actually worked. I was giving it 24hrs to settle