Are there too many airbnbs in London

Michael1047
Level 1
Pershore, United Kingdom

Are there too many airbnbs in London

I'm a host in Worcestershire but have a London flat I want to rent out.

Is the market saturated or are there still opportunities for a 4 bedroom flat?

Any feedback welcome.

Michael

6 Replies 6
Claudia391
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Hello Michael,

Loads of competition out there in London but that should not put you off and due to the 90 day short-let rule in London, there is certainly room for new listings.

Best wishes,

Claudia

Pilar1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I don't know if that is the case for sure but I have certainly noticed a sharp decline in bookings from last year and the offer in central London is now hughe. As you mention you will rent a whole property maybe it will be better for you given the new 90 day restriction so I would definitely give it a go if I were you.

Kind regards

Pilar

Jorge170
Level 2
Lisbon, Portugal

Hi Michael,

What about to rent to somebody who does home sharing and share a percentage with you?

I'm a Lisbon home-sharer (leader of Lisbon home-sharer community) and a superhost too. I'll move to London and I'm looking for a flat in London with a landlord that allows me keep going with this passion I have to receive people. On this matter you don't have the 90 days limit.

Best regards,

😉

Jorge Silva

I'm a sharing host.  Last year I was booked 100% of the time and the holidays were booked months in advance.  I could get £65 a night without a blink and be as booked as I wish. This year I've dropped prices to just over £40, made about £300 all of November and had only two very short bookings in December.  It has completley died off - and I'm a superhost with superb reviews.  (I just don't do instant book, so my views dropped to nearly none).  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contact AirBNB

That is interesting because we were getting little views and enquiries. I searched via a separate computer without logging in and could not find my listing. At that time at least it appeared that AirBnB was automatically setting the search feature to 'Instant book' properties only. This meant that the person searching had to know about this feature and then search for 'All' properties in order to find mine.

Thought this was a bit sneaky of AirBnB.

We switched to instant booking and got bookings as much as we wanted even through January and February which were always slow. If need be, you can cancel the instant bookings. How many times AirBnB allows you to do that without penalty I do not know. Fingers crossed we only had good people stay.

Perhaps it is time to try 'instant book'.

Hi Michael,

If you ever need help to host your property I am available to help. I am a host myself, I am experience, reliable, hardworking and always available for guests.

Feel free to contact me any time.

Best regards,

Karolina.