Welcome to the New Hosts in London Section!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the New Hosts in London Section!

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the New Hosts in London section.

This is a place where you can get to know other new hosts in your area and share ideas with each other; for example preparing for your first guests or providing local recommendations to your visitors.  

My name is Lizzie and I am the Online Community Manager for the English speaking Community Center here and I would also like to introduce my teammate @Helene0 who manages the French speaking CC. Hélène will also be posting and joining in discussions!  We both live in London, so we too are locals! We really look forward to speaking with you more. 

Now that we have introduced ourselves, it would be great to hear from you - feel free to reply to this thread and say hello and share something about yourself. 🙂 

Happy Posting!

P.S - Lastly, one little bit of CC housekeeping, as with the rest of the boards here, please remember to keep in mind the CC Guidelines when posting. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

20 Replies 20
Helene0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to all our New London Hosts, can't wait to talk with all of you ;-).

Ada9
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi, 

We are in Kennington, any one else in SE/SW here to share some tips with us?

Ada

Babs0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ada9,

Don't see a listing on your profile?! I'm not in your area, but love to swap stories or tips & Tricks on London!

Cheers,

Babs

Ada9
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Really? How strange! Have another look, should be two?

Pino4
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone!

I have a newborn baby and am unable to host anymore, so have a few bits and bobs that would be great for new hosts.

I have the below items that have hardly been used and are nearly new:

Russell Hobbs Kettle

Morphy Richards Iron (comes with original box)

White 2-slice toaster

Remington Hairdryer (comes with original box)

Purchased for £80, would like £50 for it.

Four sets of White Company Somerton Double, which includes (per set):

- Double duvet

- Double fitted sheet

- 2 oxford pillowcases

Purchased for £404, would like £240 for the lot. They are still in excellent condition. These are really good quality linen, and really makes a different to your guests experience. I have even had reviews commenting on the linen being of good quality. 

Two set of White Company 200 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Double, which includes (per set):

- Double duvet

- Double fitted sheet

- 2 oxford pillowcases

Purchased for £208, would like £120 for the lot. They have hardly been used. White linen is a classic and creates a tranquil, serene environment in the bedroom. Always a winner!

Let me know if you are interested in these for your listings.

Happy hosting,

Pino

Ronda4
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

It is a great pity that after just four comments the @Lizzie post ‘Welcome to the New Hosts in London section’ came to an abrupt halt with the offer of selling second hand goods. Pino, congratulations on the new baby, but try eBay!!!

New hosts in London need a forum like this and for my part I am deeply concerned with proposed changes to planning law.  My post at the following link says it all:

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/New-Hosts-in-London/Is-this-the-end-of-Airbnb-in-London/m-p/259783#M...

Please join in the conversation. 

Hi all,

I am a host in London and I would like to ask the below: 

1. Have you found a company for the linen ? and what is the price?

2.  I have two reservatiopns in row when I will be out of the city and I was wondering if there is anyone who can help me with the change over and how much this will cost.

I look forward for your responses.

Many thanks in advance,

Popi

Hello, Poppi

I can help you with change overs, please contact me for more info

I have already commented on Ronda's post regarding whether Airbnb will end anytime soon in London so please check that out - bottom line not for everyone.

I am a newbie, and need some enlightenment on the following please:

I have had a request for a booking but having accepted it, the person has not confirmed their booking. Is this normal ? Would it be inappropriate to do a follow up chase as to whether they want the booking or just wait out the 24 hours when their option expires?

Also, what does 'Level---' mean and how are Levels allocated? Why am I a Level 1?

Final question - is there anyone hosting in the SW London area, Richmond, Hampton Court, East Molesey etc?

Thank you in anticipation!

Ronda4
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

Hi Ingrid (again)

In my view there is never too much communication.  You can pre-approve but don't block the dates, so it gives you an opportunity to message the guest to say that, but it doesn't stop anyone else from booking either.

The levels indicate how long you have been hosting.  Sorry am north of the river ...

RF

Ingrid

I live in Wandsworth which is also SW London and love the "villagey" feel of our neighboroughoods although they are only less than 30 minutes from the centre of town.   Although I have been with Airbnb for about 4 years this is the first time that I have posted so was also curious to see what the levels meant!

Is any body finding that things have been much quieter this year?  In the past at the beginning of December things were buzzing and there were lots of enquiries, but this year hardly any and I have Superhost status and good reviews..  Have been receiving emails from the gods on the West Coast telling me to put my prices down but it really is not worth it for less than the £37 which I charge.  As we all know this is a much more expensive time of the year and we have to keep heating etc on for much longer with guests than if without visitors.  I share my house in the original caring, sharing ethos of Airbnb, so am at the beck and call of my guests the whole time.

Would be really interested in hearing other people's experiences.

Carolyn

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi Carolyn, did you get more bookings for December? I am quite new to all of this and was a bit worried at first, but then the requests started to come in and both my rooms (I am also in SW London) were fully booked for December without me putting the prices down. I think that a lot of people booked last minute to make the most of the post-Brexit pound drop as many came for shopping.

MarieSabrina0
Level 1
United Kingdom

Thank you 

Shahab3
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi Team, I want to be a new host in Newham, London. Is there any host from my area on this forum?

Please guide me about any legal approval/requirement from local council Newham London.

Thanks, Shahab