What made you start hosting?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What made you start hosting?

Hosting

Hello all,

I thought I would kickstart the discussion here.

Everyone has different and sometimes multiple reasons why they decided to start hosting. Why did you choose to?

Feel free to share your stories or even photos if you would like (click on the little camera icon on your post tool bar to upload your image).

Looking forward to reading your comments.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

4 Replies 4
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

We were bored.....Best decision ever!

Chas2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Trying to mitigate the loss of having a flat empty for two months. In London it seems you can't make a profit letting a flat out on Airbnb, well I can't, if it was a standard six month tenancy I would make twice the money with less costs, but it helps stop the flood of costs.

But airbnb still seems most sensible to make use of your home or space in your home when you would be getting nothing. Something is better than nothing.

Ada9
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

We have a nice space that we wanted to share with people and we love our community and enjoy helping people visit our favourite local spots!

Babs0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Since are both not from UK, we wanted to have a guestroom to make it easy for friends and family to come over for a visit. Seemed like a waste to only use it the odd weekend, so we looked into Airbnb.... Great experience so faar, we love hosting and meeting new people from all over the world!