Payout

John686
Level 2
Irvington, NJ

Payout

Hi guys, I'm a new host. Tonight is my first night hosting. Paypal acct and card all linked as well as bank account. My question is, do I have to request money for the booking or is it handled automatically and I should just wait for it to be out of pending status?

9 Replies 9

Hi @John686,

Congratulations on hosting! You have opened to door to an experience that is rewarding in many, many ways.

Airbnb sends money to your account automatically each night a guest stays. It may take a couple days for the money to actually appear in your account due to bank procedures, weekends and holidays. If the money is not in your account within five days reach out to Airbnb.

Again, congratulations!

Thank you. Right now, the traveler is late and is still trying to communicate that she is still interested in the stay. Do I request her money for the stay, because her payment didn't go through yet.? She's late too. Or what's that function for if not requesting the amount owed?

Thank you and thank you for welcoming me. 

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@John686 ,  so sorry this is your first hosting experience. it is VERY late by now.... like after 2 am your time? that is not right, so I have my doubts about thisnhosting gig.

Also, I don't think you have a confirmed booking, you say yourself the payment is not secured,,it is pending. A confirmed booking is indicated on your calendar with a green bar and the guests name across the dates she has booked. Is that there? You should have alao gotten a confirmation email by Airbnb with the reservation number. Do you have that?? My hunch is that you don't, thus no booking! 
Do not ever let  people into your place when the payment is not secured, it just leads to more trouble. no payment should be handled outside the airbnb platform. really, it is for your own protection!
Just let this one go... but do study up on all of Airbnb's rules and regulations. there is an excellent guide in the community forum here, right on top! also search for "advice for new hosts", that is also a great guide here in the forum.
For right now, If I were you, I'd tighten up my check in times, beyond just saying anytime after 4 pm. make it something like 4 pm to 8 or 9pm, and you'll be much better off! also stipulate a clear check out time - saying late check out costs $25.00 is not clear, like after when? and it's also not enforcable, as all payments should go through Airbnb. that kind of thing just leads to trouble...
Of course make sure that you have taken care of setting up the Airbnb payments to you the proper way. Get a good night's sleep now, and happy hosting in the future!

Annette,

Thank you for all your advice.!!

I definitely fixed it

@John686 , so what happened?? Inquiring minds need to know...

@Annette33

Annette,

i am extremely sorry for taking so long to respond. I did host them and they were pretty good. Turned out they really needed the space and was just going through the difficult of times. They booked w me again after and are now asking about subletting. Can you help me

@John686,

Was the reservation confirmed so that you could get paid?

What do you mean about subletting?  Subletting your apartment?  Is your landlord cool with that?  Are you leaving the apartment?

Whatever you want to do, do it through ABB.

My antenna went up when you said they needed the space and were going through difficult times.

We are sympathetic and we are empathetic but we are NOT social workers and we are NOT non-profits.

Be careful.  Get paid and don't tick the landlord off.