Scouting Places In Long Beach

Courtney49
Level 2
Los Alamitos, CA

Scouting Places In Long Beach

I currently live in Orange County but my currently property owner owns several other properties in Long Beach. He has agreed to let me rent another of his locations so I can use the address for my daughter school. He agreed to let me rent out or Airbnb the days I won't be .Problem is, most of his places are very unmmm "urban". He has a few studio apartments that are bug free and in the heart of Long Beach but I'm. It sure anyone would stay there for an Airbnb...I know I wouldn't. The studio I'm considering is $890 per month, about 6 blocks to the beach and although it's in the hood, it looks totally redone in the inside. I was thinking I could get about $89 a night. Should I even bother? 

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Courtney49 You're going to have to do your own research on this, no-one here can make the decision for you 🙂

What research for you done on the local short term property market there, how many comparable Airbnb properties  are there in the location, how much do they charge? Are they seasonal? can you afford to rent it without generating income?

And don't think about whether you would stay there, think about whether the target market for that sort of property would stay there.