AirBnB calendar 12 months maximum is blocking dates 12 months out on my Vrbo calendar (that's set for 18 months ahead!)

Shannon610
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

AirBnB calendar 12 months maximum is blocking dates 12 months out on my Vrbo calendar (that's set for 18 months ahead!)

I advertise on both AirBnB and Vrbo, and am new to AirBnB. On AirBnB I can only open my calendar 12 months, but on Vrbo I can open it 18 months ahead, and I do, since people usually plan far ahead when travelling to our vacation rental in Hawaii.

I've noticed that one year out from the current date shows up as blocked by AirBnB on my Vrbo calendar, which is going to prevent guests from booking it. It's not blocked because it's booked, there's 2 dates blocked because they're the first 2 dates more than 12 months ahead of today.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Is the only option to open my Vrbo calendar for only 12 months, not 18?

1 Reply 1
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Shannon610 you are able to open Airbnb calendar up to three years in advance.

When you first opened your account, you went though a very simplified process and you might have clicked on one year in advance. You should go though all of your settings and explore all the options you have. There are many pretty cool features on your hosting page.

If you want to keep your calendar only 18 months out and not full three years, you will block it after a certain date. I am not sure you can keep it rolling open 18 months out but you can certainly set yourself a reminder to open another month on the first of every month or something like that- however you do it on Vrbo.

Another option would be to unsync your calendar although that's a risky territory because a double booking is very likely. I often have multiple people looking at the same weekend. For example, once Chicago marathon dates are announced, everyone runs to book an Airbnb (pun intended). You seem to live in an area where different events happen as well so you are running the same risk