Airbnb cancelled our guest reservation

Sarah-And-Cody0
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Airbnb cancelled our guest reservation

I am just wondering what could possibly happen to have caused this... 

We got this message this morning just a week before check-in. Has anyone else experienced this? I hope it does not happen often. 

Unfortunately, we’ve received quality assurance information regarding this guest and we’re no longer able to support them as a member of our Airbnb community. Your calendar should now be open for the affected dates.
We’ve also reached out to Sarah Gruizinga to let them know this is no longer an active reservation. We’ve refunded them in full and they are aware that we’ve let you know about this cancellation.
Please know that Airbnb would never attempt to act in a manner that would compromise you as a host, and situations like these are very rare. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sarah-And-Cody0 

It sometimes happens, when Airbnb for some reason discovers there is a issue (or to be expected) with the guest. They will not share details about it. But you probably escaped from a "guest with a problem".

It is good to know they do this to protect owners. what should I do if I have a bad guest?

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Sarah-And-Cody0 

I think you got lucky and dodged a bullet.

No bad guest, no party, no bad review  and.....

no impact to your listing.

That is what we were thinking... just wondering what she may have done to cause it.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Sarah-And-Cody0 

You will never know.  Besides, curiousity  killed the cat, as the old saying goes.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Sarah-And-Cody0 

Check out this:

"Cancelled by Airbnb" Halfway Into Guest's Reservation - Guest had to move in 2 hours, Host / Guest Perplexed`

There may be no reasonable explanation, but you’re fortunate that it didn’t happen after check in.