August Smartlock

August Smartlock

I just connected my Yale/August smartlock via the"works with" section of the app.

For the next booking confirmation I see the automatic email sent to the guest.  I was wondering if there was a way to customize that message or even control when the automated email is sent.  I am even ok if no email is sent at all, but I do like the fact that an automatic code is created upon booking.  

Thanks for any advice.

1 Reply 1
Neill23
Level 2
Airdrie, Canada

Hi @Thear5 
Not that I have been able to find.  We integrated our august and ABB accounts about three weeks ago.

I have gotten into the habit of sending a message as soon as the auto-gen message with their code gets sent out.  Something along the lines of:

The message above is auto-generated by ABB. We have linked our front door August smartlock to ABB, and your door code is included in that message.

I will send some additional details regarding the lock. We installed it in early August, and the feedback has been positive with regards to usage and ease of check in.

I typically will send a note a day or two before check-in to remind them of the code, and also explain the sounds that the deadbolt and keypad make for successful/unsuccessful code entries on the keypad.

As a side note, it appears that the vast majority have been choosing to use their code only, and not download the app onto a smartphone.