Calculate fee for heating a pool in Orlando Florida

Answered!
Barbara2155
Level 2
Plantation, FL

Calculate fee for heating a pool in Orlando Florida

Hello community

We just installed a new heating pool in our house but is difficult to calculate how much we need to charge our guests for electricity. 

The pool dimensions are for approx 17 ft x 8 ft. Gallons approx 12 to 15 thousand. (Pool and SPA attached)

The heater runs with electricity, and we want to calculate the weekly fee for winter. (Average 76 -78F)

Any ideas? Thank you so much in advance

Javier & Barbara

1 Best Answer

Many I've seen charge a daily rate.  In my area it's between $100 and $200. Sometimes it's seasonal, for example we don't heat the pool right now because it's nearly 80 degrees on it's own.  For the winter, we plan to offer heating at a daily rate that must be added on with the booking.  We (as most do here) have free spa heating.

I suggest checking other pool homes in your area and seeing what your area norm is.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Douglas353
Level 5
Orinda, CA

It's not that difficult to figure out.  How much are you paying for electricity?  I have a 20,000 gal.  in sunny California with our electric rates you would be $400 - $ 500 per month for pool that size. 

Thank you, Douglas we are paying today in Summer approx $250.00 a month, in winter is cheaper (approx $200.00), my husband calculates in summer only for the SPA (in 12 grades F), and the extra cost is approx $50.00 only to increase the temperature. Once is heated the electricity going down. Maybe I'm wrong, but the idea to heat the pool is only to do when one customer wants it. So, if the guest wants this service, I really don't know yet how much is the average for this cost. Maybe trying out this next winter, and will see. Thanks again for helping me.

Many I've seen charge a daily rate.  In my area it's between $100 and $200. Sometimes it's seasonal, for example we don't heat the pool right now because it's nearly 80 degrees on it's own.  For the winter, we plan to offer heating at a daily rate that must be added on with the booking.  We (as most do here) have free spa heating.

I suggest checking other pool homes in your area and seeing what your area norm is.

Barbara2155
Level 2
Plantation, FL

Thank you, @Ryan2352 Ryan. I did that, a little benchmarking. Thanks again to all

My pleasure!

Sam4395
Level 4
Lafayette, CO

Benchmarks are a great way to see if what you are charging is a fair price. I think changing the daily rates($75-$150) for those guests who do want that service might be good way for you to stay even.  Hope you both find a solution!