Critique my listing -Angel Fire, New Mexico

Thu832
Level 2
Keller, TX

Critique my listing -Angel Fire, New Mexico

ewrefgdf copy.png

Hi everyone! Just listed on Airbnb earlier last week with one booking so far. We are planning to update the bedding sheets to make it look more modern, add a deck dining set, and uncluttered the living room to make it look more spacious. For now, this is what we have so far until we take new photos. Please review, looking forward to everyone’s feedback. 

link: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/666060030400478069?source_impression_id=p3_1657245132_IW0QtBP6LiVW0n0E

2 Replies 2
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Thu832 

The listing looks good and I think your plans for improvements sound good too. More contemporary bed linen, maybe just crisp and white, will make it look more luxurious. I'm not a big fan of shower curtains where they are avoidable. I would suggest installing over bath screens instead. I don't know about your neck of the woods, but they are not very expensive here in the UK.

Also, perhaps add some captions to your photos. I have used nice comments from guest reviews, which is a tip I got from another host on the CC, but in the meantime, just put in a few descriptions. I find that many guests do not bother to read the written description and just flip through the photos, so captions offer a good opportunity to explain a bit about the space.

Finally, I think you should add something to your house rules re-stating maximum occupancy, whether extra guests are allowed or not, if there is an additional charge for them etc. and also if 'visitors' are allowed or not. You have no parties in your rules but any large, complete unit, can be a magnet for party types and what they might try to claim was just 'having a few friends over' could end up being a problem. Make it very, very clear what is and isn't allowed in this respect.

Congratulations on your first booking and good luck!

I updated my listing accordingly to your suggestions. Very helpful! Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. 

adding bath screens to next years project during slow season. @Huma0