Critique my listing - Ant in Little Haven, Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK

Antony104
Level 2
Rugby, United Kingdom

Critique my listing - Ant in Little Haven, Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK

Hi Airbnb community, we're new to Airbnb and have had one short stay with a great review, but we'd like to get much more engagement and bookings over the next few months.

We would greatly appreciate any feedback on our listing: 

https://airbnb.com/h/stayat6theglen

Thanks in advance.

Ant.

7 Replies 7
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Antony104  Your place looks quite cozy. You should describe the actual house interior in the section "the space", not just mention the outside hose down area.

I  would clean up the outside front of the cottage, especially if you are using that as a cover photo.  The stair risers and patio are grubby looking- use a power washer or a scrub brush and bleach to clean them up and maybe give the stair risers a fresh coat of paint. (I live in a coastal area, too- it's a constant battle to keep the mold that builds up cleaned up)

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.

Thanks @Sarah977 we've made the changes you suggest to the section "the space", much appreciated.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Antony104  It's cute, as @Sarah977  said, it could use a few more photos and description.  I am a sucker for window boxes, and that would enhance your curb appeal in spring/summer and into fall and is fairly inexpensive to put up.  You could also consider painting the front door a different color, but that isn't really necessary.

Thanks, we'll definitely consider those suggestions.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Antony104 

It is a nice accommodation in a beautiful surrounding. I agree on what is already mentioned above.

But the calculated cleaning costs (increased with Airbnb service costs: 58 GBP) would make me personally hesitate to book it, especially when for short time period, like 3 nights in low season (=111,- GBP + Service Fee) it is almost 50%

Antony104
Level 2
Rugby, United Kingdom

Thanks for your feedback @Emiel1 , much appreciated, although I'm curious as to what changes I would need to make you less hesitant in the scenario you describe?

The cleaning costs whether the property has been used for 3 nights or 7 nights are the same so lowering the rental price just makes the cleaning/service costs a higher %age which I think would be more off-putting?

Thanks.