Critique my listing - Bonnie from Cooper City, Florida

Answered!

Critique my listing - Bonnie from Cooper City, Florida

104a96fb-db99-423a-9738-13fea1c1dfe7.jpeg

Good evening everyone,

So I have just finished my booking and put it up, I guess it doesn't actually go live for another 24hrs.  I am so anxious!  Do you have any tips or suggestions?  Here is the preview link, please take a look, if you have any feedback it would be greatly appreciated! https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/49670394?preview_for_ml=true&source_impression_id=p3_1627364291_GdzCcC8...

1 Best Answer
Jennifer1773
Level 10
Brevard, NC

@Bonnie380 Your place is gorgeous! And it is live--so be ready! @William810 gave some great advice--definitely include photos of the kitchen and baths. 

Some other thoughts: In your house rules, you state "Maximum capacity: 8 guests. Maximum number of adults: 6." The booking system is not really set up for this... I can book 8 adults (and up to 5 babies--they are not included in the max count :). My suggestion is to reduce the max guest count to 6. This might also help reduce people looking for a party spot--Honestly my main concern for you is parties. There seems to be a lot of room on the property and no neighbors in sight (at least in the photos). That in conjunction with 6 parking spaces, a firepit, party lights and an offsite host... just be careful!

I see you are using instant book. I would suggest editing the IB settings to include a "pre-booking message" that guests must read and respond to before they can book. It is a good place to make sure guests understand certain rules that are important to you and/or find out who is traveling with them and why they are coming to the area. There are other IB settings you can check including government ID required and host recommendations required.

Also consider not hosting long term stays (28days+) as a new host. These can be a bit scary just by their long term nature, but also due to some rules and regs that are different for these stays... Long-term hosting - Airbnb Help Center 

I see you live out of state from your rental. Do you have someone in Bryson City who will manage the listing for you?

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6

Thanks William, appreciate the feedback and shall update the listing with your suggestions. 

Jennifer1773
Level 10
Brevard, NC

@Bonnie380 Your place is gorgeous! And it is live--so be ready! @William810 gave some great advice--definitely include photos of the kitchen and baths. 

Some other thoughts: In your house rules, you state "Maximum capacity: 8 guests. Maximum number of adults: 6." The booking system is not really set up for this... I can book 8 adults (and up to 5 babies--they are not included in the max count :). My suggestion is to reduce the max guest count to 6. This might also help reduce people looking for a party spot--Honestly my main concern for you is parties. There seems to be a lot of room on the property and no neighbors in sight (at least in the photos). That in conjunction with 6 parking spaces, a firepit, party lights and an offsite host... just be careful!

I see you are using instant book. I would suggest editing the IB settings to include a "pre-booking message" that guests must read and respond to before they can book. It is a good place to make sure guests understand certain rules that are important to you and/or find out who is traveling with them and why they are coming to the area. There are other IB settings you can check including government ID required and host recommendations required.

Also consider not hosting long term stays (28days+) as a new host. These can be a bit scary just by their long term nature, but also due to some rules and regs that are different for these stays... Long-term hosting - Airbnb Help Center 

I see you live out of state from your rental. Do you have someone in Bryson City who will manage the listing for you?

Oh my goodness!  Thank you so much for all the feedback I really appreciate it.  I have updated the photos now and shall look at changing some setting you have suggested.  Thank you again!!!! 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Bonnie380,

I don't want to assume your location based upon what's next to your ID, but appear to be an offsite host.  Are you or someone else close by to keep an eye on the place or respond quickly if there is an issue?  Your place is lovely, but it looks like an ideal location to have an unsanctioned party.  You may potentially incur damages and losses if someone can't be on site promptly if house and terms of service are broken.

Thank you Debra, I appreciate your concern and very valid point.  We do have neighbours right infront of us and to the side.  I wasn't sure how to change my location but shall definitely look into adjusting it.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Bonnie380 

Your listing is in the search system now:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=1576441&map_toggle=true

to do list:

add cover photo to your homepage:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/1576441/listings