Critique my listing - Christine3190 in Helena, MT

Critique my listing - Christine3190 in Helena, MT

Critique my listing--Christine, Helena MT

airbnb.com/h/historic-helena-midcentury-modern-home

Please offer advice on my new listing. Should I get professional photos done? Are amenities listed sufficient? Is description too much/too little? 

Jackson_1SM.jpg

Thank you,

Christine

Christine
6 Replies 6
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Christine3190  Your place looks very clean, neat and basic. I think if you add some color for pop, like a large bright pic on the wall and draw accent colors for a throw, pillows in the living room you can retake pic  with the curtains open and bring in natural light and it will make an impact. People seem drawn to color every time. Like a vase with colored flowers/or a bowl or basket with color on the table/or magazines make it look a little more home like. 

I always put 4 pillows on each bed and I think it makes a big diff.

Each bed needs a bedside table on both sides with a lamp....people want a place for phone, glasses, water, etc. The same suggestion about color and pop is for each room.....seems all the furniture is cool retro color, feel but you can add some amazing pop of colors to give it some zing. Like bright orange, yellow, bright gold/??? Everything all matching makes for a drab look and its a really easy fix. I hope this is helpful and I wish you happy hosting.

Best to you both, Clara 

Clara,

Thank you for your feedback. It is very helpful.

Christine

@Christine3190  Regarding the bedside tables and lamps- the room pictured with the patchwork quilt has a bedside table and lamp that are too low for the height of the bed. That lamp would not throw light on a book I am reading. The top of a bedside table is best if it is more or less level with the bed, so the lamp actually is useful. 

Thanks, I will plan on an upgrade in table and lamps.

Christine

@Christine3190    Going against the grain here, I like the understated contrasts in your palette - the vintage tones help underline the elegant midcentury style elements that remind me a bit of the set design for a film that happens to be set in midcentury Montana. Combined with the gauzy lighting, it touches on nostalgia in a way that may well stand out in search results. But for the lead photo, I'd stick to one that doesn't have a contemporary TV in the middle of it, since that spoils the effect a bit. Professional photos aren't essential, but they wouldn't hurt.

If you're accepting up to 4 guests, it helps to show the dining table set up for 4, rather than 2 as shown. Since the back yard is listed as an amenity, it should also be shown in the photos. As we move toward summer, the features available to guests out there will become more important.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your comments. They are most appreciated. And thanks for the film recommendation. I had not seen that one.

And Berlin is one of my favorite cities.  Lucky you to live there. I hope to return someday soon and visit.

Christine