Answered!
David7870
Level 8
Vista, CA

Critique my listing - Dave from Vista, Ca

4A8697BB-1790-4FA2-95DA-00935D156D8A.jpeg

Critique my listing

dave from Vista, Ca

Noticed that bookings slowed way down after August.  Do they pick up again soon? 
Any advice? 

@David7870 @Quincy @Nick @Liv @Stephanie 

#listingcritique

1 Best Answer
Fiza1
Level 3
Charleston, SC

Would love to! Any chance I can get a critique back on mine? Struggling with the photos and wondering if I need to get professional pictures taken 

View Best Answer in original post

22 Replies 22

Thank you as well!!!

Thank you. I just did the edits. What do you think now? 

Please critique my listing

Dave from Vista, Ca

@David7870 @Quincy @Nick @Liv @Stephanie 

#listingcritique

#critique

https://www.airbnb.com/h/close-enough-beach-house

Please let me know what you think after my edits now.  

Hi,

I live in Oceanside on the Vista border. I think  the 'close enough beach house' is really not what your house is all about. It looks like you have a really peaceful country atmosphere. 

How about 'Hill Top Haven' or something to that effect. Play up what you have, not what you really don't have if that makes sense to you.

I think the title captures it all now.

Leading with "upscale" in the description is spot on: Incredible-looking shower! 

You have a beautiful listing!

Katja202
Level 10
Ruinen, Netherlands

It looks good as it is now. 🙂 

Groetjes Katja

How do I get someone to critique my listing? 

@Shannon719  You can start a new topic post in this forum, or just ask here.

You're listing is incomplete. You haven't described the space at all- you need to describe the layout of the house, the rooms, etc. 

You would also benefit from more than 6 photos. Some photos of the yard and the view. And I don't understand your "living room" photo. It seems to be a photo of the kitchen area. If you are classifying that one chair facing the door and the small piece of furniture in the corner as a living room, I suggest you don't do that, it isn't a  living room. Just leave living room off your spaces list and your photo gallery.

And you need to remove your email address and phone number from the listing ad. You should never put your personal contact info in the public ad, it's security risk and Airbnb doesn't actually allow it- I'm surprised they haven't blocked it out. Guests only get that info after a booking is confirmed.

And you should communicate with guests as much as possible through the Airbnb messaging, not by phone, text, or Whatsapp.

You got a great first review, I see. Congrats! I'd also suggest you upload a profile photo- an anonymous grey sillouette isn't a good look.